Help Nvidia

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • Fan
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2008 9:32:09 AM

Hi, ok so my fan on my nvidia geforce 7300gs blew out. so i bought a new fan. is there any reason for my graphics to some hows randomly lock up and then when i turn on my computer again it somehow switches to onboard graphics? im lost and have been dealing with this problem for a while. any advice will be appreciated.

More about : nvidia

a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2008 10:37:16 AM

sikkassrattail said:
Hi, ok so my fan on my nvidia geforce 7300gs blew out. so i bought a new fan. is there any reason for my graphics to some hows randomly lock up and then when i turn on my computer again it somehow switches to onboard graphics? im lost and have been dealing with this problem for a while. any advice will be appreciated.

depends on what damage it did before you replaced that fan
October 9, 2008 6:37:31 PM

Talking about to the graphics card or to the entire computer?
Related resources
October 9, 2008 8:44:16 PM

Did anyone else read this thread title and and think of that G.I. Joe flash with the kid the dog and the 'computer'? No? Ok then, anyway...

Is this lock up and restart occurring regularly, or did it just happen once and now the card won't work again?

If it happened just once, the lock up you experienced very well could have been the 7300gs burning itself out. Upon restarting, the computer didn't detect a working video card so it defaulted to the onboard video. Try using the card in another system and see if it works.
If it keeps happening, you might not have installed the fan correctly and card is shutting itself down to prevent any permanent damage to it. Monitor the temperature the next time you use the computer and see how high it gets before it crashes.
October 10, 2008 9:14:50 AM

Well at first the fan just made a loud noise obviously wearing out. and then it just stopped. so i would use a room fan and it worked fine. then it started just freezing "completely stop and any noise that was occuring at that time would repeat and an incredible rate" and i wasn't able to play so i figured I just need a fan. but now it won't even recognize that their is anything in the card slot and just stays onboard. I just dont get how when i put the new fan on my gaming was superb for about 10-15 minutes running WoW then just crash and now wont even read it. :(  /tear
October 10, 2008 2:58:50 PM

Its a budget card does it even have heat sensors if so i doubt the fan spins up according to the rising temperature this is commen in low profile graphics cards. Why don't you stick with onboard that card doesn't make any difference except giving you dual monitor support till you can afford another card.
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2008 2:21:16 PM

cyber_jockey said:
Its a budget card does it even have heat sensors if so i doubt the fan spins up according to the rising temperature this is commen in low profile graphics cards. Why don't you stick with onboard that card doesn't make any difference except giving you dual monitor support till you can afford another card.

depends if hes gaming, onboard video is no match to a dedicated video card (bar ATi/Nvidia's offerings)
!