Palm Shipments Drop

Tags:
February 3, 2005 11:04:40 PM

In an article with a slighly inaccurate headline, MSNBC carries the AP
story about declining PDA sales.

Reading the story reveals some interesting details.

palmOne's shipments are down 9% to 3.7 million, from 4 million in 2003.

Sony's dropped to 419,000 from 1.4 million. (Sony pulled out of the US
market)

A very interesting note at the bottom:

"Shipments from other leading PDA makers, such as Hewlett-Packard Co.,
Dell Inc. and Medion AG, increased, but not enough to offset the overall
market's downward spiral.

"Those three companies all make PDAs that run Microsoft operating
systems."

So it appears that PalmOS sales are down, and Pocket PC sales are up;
that wouldn't have been as good of a headline, though.

Read it all:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6906812/

--
Albert Nurick | Nurick + Associates - Web Design
albert@nurick.com | eCommerce - Content Management

More about : palm shipments drop

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:21:39 AM

Albert Nurick wrote:

> In an article with a slighly inaccurate headline, MSNBC carries the AP
> story about declining PDA sales.
>
> Reading the story reveals some interesting details.
>
> palmOne's shipments are down 9% to 3.7 million, from 4 million in 2003.
>
> Sony's dropped to 419,000 from 1.4 million. (Sony pulled out of the US
> market)
>
> A very interesting note at the bottom:
>
> "Shipments from other leading PDA makers, such as Hewlett-Packard Co.,
> Dell Inc. and Medion AG, increased, but not enough to offset the overall
> market's downward spiral.
>
> "Those three companies all make PDAs that run Microsoft operating
> systems."
>
> So it appears that PalmOS sales are down, and Pocket PC sales are up;
> that wouldn't have been as good of a headline, though.
>
> Read it all:
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6906812/

Albert,

I referred to your words (see below) and I hope you don't mind.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/index.php?p=96

Roy
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 5:40:55 PM