Keyboard/Mouse Stops working at login screen but during boot up

03mach1

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Everytime I boot up the keyboard works for me to go to BIOS or Boot menu but once I get to the login page it stops working. I noticed that people are saying disable device signature enforcement or something but I can't find that in my BIOS. I have an Asus motherboard model - M4A88t -V
Please help me so I can use my computer lol

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007

If both are usb your system needs to load the drivers this can take anywhere from 5 to 15 mins if not try pressing f8 and go into safe mode then see if both load the drivers you should not need to disable device signature enforcement ,try unplugging keyboard and mouse and replug them in while in safe mode.
Look in the control panel and device manager and look at for exclamation marks you may need to re-install your chipset drivers.

03mach1

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
I can't even log on my computer whether it be any safe mode or just normal. I would have to login my pw but I can't use my keyboard or mouse at all once I reach the login point. I have tried unplugging and plugging it in. All the solution I have found say to turn off the enforcement to do a temp bypass so I can get in the system and download a tool or use cmd prompt to get it to work all the time. Is their an acronym for it?

Thanks for the suggestion though!

G

Hey im finding the same problem, i turned my computer off by holding the power button for five seconds. I know it not recommended but my computer froze, my keyboard and mouse work if im in BIOS settings but when I go to sign in I cnt because of the keyboard and mouse ive been on to the bios setting and it says my usb are all turned on im using a razer mouse n keyboard, is there anyway on getting in with out having to put a pass word in or am i going to have to re-install windows 7 again.. please help im at uni and need my computer back soon as.

figrat

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
I had this problem, which was driving me nuts. I disabled the quick boot option in the bios and it's been fine since, so have been able to perform clean install of XP. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS