Help me to know the deference between this gigabyte boards please

crazyworks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
hello ,
i got 5 gigabyte motherboards on that link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2%2050001314&Manufactory=1314&bop=And&SpeTabStoreType=1&SrchInDesc=GA-EX58&Page=1

so the all 5 boards for the cpu Core i7 , but i need to know the deference between those 5 boards please because i dont know a lot about the boards ,so i wanna know more like

like on the link the all 5 boards have FSB : QPI 6.4GT/S , South Bridge: Intel ICH10R and Channel Supported: Triple Channel .

so what is the meanning of the FSB , the South Bridge and the Channel Supported ? .

and what is the meaning of the PCI Express 2.0 x16 and the PCI Express x4 ??

because the value of those 2 things is the different thing between the 5 boards and i don't know the meaning for them .

so please help me to know the meaning of those things to understand more and please tell me the different between the 5 boards that makes one boards cost is very expensive and the other not so much expensive in the case of the all boards for the cpu Core i7

thanks

You know, you could use Google to find all those definitions. Besides, you're worrying about the wrong thing. For example all those 5 support Triple Channel, so why do you really care what it means? It means you can use three sticks of RAM in parallel, btw.

What you need to worry about with those 5 is the number of slots and the type of multi-GPU they support. For example the GA-EX58-DS4 does not support SLI, if I remember right, which means you can use it only with ATI cards if you want multiple cards.

crazyworks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
thanks i got the Definitions from google and now i know the meaning of pci express too (the computer expansion card )

i guess the PCI Express 2.0 x16 is the main thing that make deference between the all boards like the most expensive one GA-EX58-EXTREME have 4 PCI Express , 3 x 2.0 x16 (x16, x16, x8) and other one PCI Express x4

and the GA-EX58-UD4P LGA have only 2 PCI Express ,2 x (x16) ,one running at x16 and the other running at x8

i wish i got the right info and i will be welcome with any comments or any addition info

thanks

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Since you didn't give a budget I am just going to assume money is a object.

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P in my opinion is the best choice. With the UD5 your basically just paying for the extra PCI Express 2.0 x16. Its doubtful that you will buy 3 videocards and its also really not worth it even if you did.