deleting the old windows directory?

OS: WindowsXP - home edition. i have tranferred all files from an old disk
to my new S-ATA disk. May I delete the windows directory from the old disk
without any repercussions?
5 answers Last reply
More about deleting windows directory

    In news:OAZ$dE7sFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    or <oeivinr@online.no> typed:

    > OS: WindowsXP - home edition. i have tranferred all files from
    > an
    > old disk to my new S-ATA disk. May I delete the windows
    > directory
    > from the old disk without any repercussions?

    What do you mean by "i have tranferred"? How did you do this? Are
    you now booting from the the new SATA drive?

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    if you install a new copy of windows on the new disk. and if you believe
    that your personal datas are in safe. you can...

    --
    Cankat Akdemir
    Author of "Windows XP Secrets"

    "or" <oeivinr@online.no>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    yazdý:OAZ$dE7sFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

    "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> skrev i melding
    > In news:OAZ$dE7sFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > or <oeivinr@online.no> typed:
    >
    >> OS: WindowsXP - home edition. i have tranferred all files from an
    >> old disk to my new S-ATA disk. May I delete the windows directory
    >> from the old disk without any repercussions?
    >

    > What do you mean by "i have tranferred"? How did you do this? Are you now
    > booting from the the new SATA drive?

    yes, booting from the SATA disk. i didn't move the files. the computer firm
    did. the file contents of the old disk are now placed in a directory on the
    SATA disk called: "Old disk."

    In news:OKngAV8sFHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    or <oeivinr@online.no> typed:

    > "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> skrev i melding
    >> In news:OAZ$dE7sFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    >> or <oeivinr@online.no> typed:
    >>
    >>> OS: WindowsXP - home edition. i have tranferred all files
    >>> from an
    >>> old disk to my new S-ATA disk. May I delete the windows
    >>> directory
    >>> from the old disk without any repercussions?
    >>

    >> What do you mean by "i have tranferred"? How did you do this?
    >> Are
    >> you now booting from the the new SATA drive?
    >
    > yes, booting from the SATA disk. i didn't move the files. the
    > computer firm did. the file contents of the old disk are now
    > placed
    > in a directory on the SATA disk called: "Old disk."

    If you are booting from the new drive, and you are convinced that
    the transfer was done successfully, then you can delete
    everything from the old one.

    or wrote:

    > "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> skrev i melding
    >> In news:OAZ$dE7sFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    >> or <oeivinr@online.no> typed:
    >>
    >>> OS: WindowsXP - home edition. i have tranferred all files from an
    >>> old disk to my new S-ATA disk. May I delete the windows directory
    >>> from the old disk without any repercussions?
    >>

    >> What do you mean by "i have tranferred"? How did you do this? Are you
    >> now booting from the the new SATA drive?
    >
    > yes, booting from the SATA disk. i didn't move the files. the computer
    > firm did. the file contents of the old disk are now placed in a
    > directory on the SATA disk called: "Old disk."

    That makes things clearer. The computer firm just copied everything from
    your old drive to that "Old disk" folder so they didn't have to pick
    through and find your data. Copy whatever data files, favorites,
    addressbooks, etc. you want and put them in your new Windows
    installation. You can't copy programs; those will need to be
    reinstalled in your new Windows. After you are quite sure you have all
    the data, you can delete the "Old disk" files and folder.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com