how 2-core..i7 spin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sighQ2

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Can you read between the lines thru this spin from spintel?

Intel PR manager Dan Snyder
"Update: Snyder has sent us a new statement that makes the situation even clearer:..." ?REALLY?

"........ There are errata on the Intel® Core i7 processor that relate to the TLB. ........"

THE BIT OF TRUTH IN THE MIDST OF THE SPIN.

READ:
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/15979

Note that there is no such technical term known as (spin it more) "Phenom-like TLB issue" and it is not about "issue" either and are you interested in which document about a document which refers to what?

Note also that the bios fix wasn't good enough for AMD.
AMD cancelled all 9x00 models, then released ERROR FREE NEW MODELS numbered as 9x50 specifically so people could know they were NOT buying TLB ERRATUM.

Wanna buy an I7 ? :) ? "impact functionality" ???? disabled???? What does clarify mean. Clarify what specifically,

Intel statement: "These all relate to improper translations or error reporting, and all of those that impact functionality have been fixed via BIOS updates prior to Core i7 launch."

AMD DUMPED THE WHOLE LINE AND STARTED OVER WITH CLEAN CPU'S with new branding, models. CLEAN, ANNOUNCED.
==============
more - spin it off on a smokescreen about a document - can you read and comprehend clearly? You decide what you believe. And put your money in your belief.
========================
more - here
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/12/01/intel-denies-core-i7-tlb-bug

an7i7rus7

tim924

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
You need banned.
Absolutely for spamming misleading conception to deceive people,he's obviously a AMD fan that even justifies AMD's TLB bug issues like AMD was such a good company to handle such a bug and that Intel now is actually having a worse case,damn some people just have too much time to waste in their life spreading bs rather than helping people out in the forum,shameful and immature!

So, let's assume for a second the i7 has a TLB bug (which was already fixed in the BIOS, or at the very least is not affecting anyone) yet it's performance still is excellent. That means, once they fix this "bug" in their next revision, they will all of the sudden have an even better CPU with little work. That's not good for AMD. In fact, they should be hoping that i7 is running perfectly right now and will take a lot of work to get any faster. I'm excited about Phenom II as well, but don't let it go to your head.

rochin

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006

Take your **** someplace else, AMD is in bad shape, i7 is just another can of whoopass by intel. Face it, your a fanboy, you need help.

You need banned.

Tsk, tsk...

One thing worse than an AMD fan is a clueless Intel fanboy blindly defending any and all opinions contrary to their beloved chip maker. And worse yet to fanboy arrogance is the close-minded ignorance at the remote possibility that maybe there are erratum issues.

Say what you will, the OP does make a valid point in that AMD owned up to the TLB issue and took the painful and profit damaging stpes to correct the situation. As a consumer, IF the i7 had erratum issues ala Phenom, I would hope that Intel would own the issue (which they have) and fix the problem (with a BIOS update). Who wants to buy busted a$s processors with crippled functionaility?

These forums have gone to $hit!

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002

And if people who want to spread FUD would actual read that this "errata" was from a previous generation, that carried over to the Core i7, and has already been "fixed" since said previous generation. So, why would Intel need to own the issue and fix the problem that does not exist?

Even the OP quoted Intel's response to the TLB bug:
These all relate to improper translations or error reporting, and all of those that impact functionality have been fixed via BIOS updates prior to Core i7 launch
but the OP believes Intel needs to "recall and redo" the entire line, when a simple BIOS fix was needed?

It's not about erratum issues, which EVERY CPU has, it's about spreading FUD, even when quoting the FIX.

STFU, there have been already a few threads on this, some alot more contructive than others, the style of the post says it all.

The fact that you actually implied i am a fanboy of intel's is almost surreal.

Also, this is a forum, to hell with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is not universal.

Deleted

Someone posts an opinion contrary to the popular opinion on these forums and the poor ba$stard is labeled a heretic and flamed from here to high heaven.

So rather than call shenanigans and post information contrary to the OP, you just outright want him banned. WTF is that?!?! And you wonder why I imply you're a fanboy?

And, if you had any sense of reading comprehension, you would have noticed that not only did I support the OP's universal right of free speech to post his opinion on a public forum, but I also agreed that Intel owned up to the bogus issue of i7 erratum and that the problem was corrected with the previously mentioned BIOS update.

Whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.