Grrr not my day, ramapge does not like life already :o

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
Hi
just today I got a rampage formula and yeah, it seems faulty...CPUINT appears on the poster, but could it be the CPU ? was working when it came out of my maxumise 2 formular. If it is than I will have to send both back -.-

I took the heatsink off and replaced the CPU checked all conections, all are fine, took 1 RAM stick out.

nothing more I can do

gingerbee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
mine says that too and works just fine it says it right through the first second of boot and then moves on to counting the ram and i think it means cpu initiate and thats what you want it to do

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I put the CPU in properly and checked that its in, reset BIOS etc I only just took it out the box, lol. it just sits there checking RAM with nothing on the screen o_O and while its OFF it says on the LED poster CPU INT, like i said I don't think it should do that. until its powerd up.

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
never mind its fine I brought the thing to life, I pulled out all the memory to see if the BIOS was there and it did a few beeps so I powered down again and reinserted the stick and boom of it went :D

gingerbee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
i would run mem test because it sounds like you might have a memory problem or it could just be that your ram voltage has to be set in bios. great board if your overclocking with it but don't let the bios set the voltages because it likes to set the north bridge way to high infact watch out for auto setting for any voltage if you overclocking