Intel E2180 overclocket to fsb 1333 MHz... CPU dead???

ichundu

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
hi,

i have an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2GHz core clock cpu (800 MHz fsb). last night i overclocked it to 2.6 GHz (increased fsb in bios to 1066 MHz) and it was working fine. then i increased fsb again to 1333 MHz, saved bios settings and tried to reboot but now i don't get any signal on the monitor, nothing. i cannot even access bios to reset the settings. i have this ECS motherboard which is limited to overclocking. in bios there are only these frequency options: auto, fsb 800 MHz, fsb 1066 MHz, fsb 1333 MHz.
Did my cpu die? :( what do you think? any suggestion to what i can do at this point is much appreciated.

so i'm summerizing my computer specs:
cpu: intel pentium dual core e2180
ram: 2 x 1 GB ddr2 800MHz corsair xms2
motherboard: ecs GF7100PVT-M3 (V1.0) (you can check the link above for mobo specs)

Thanks!!!

Oldirty

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Another easy way to clear all bios back to default is to first unplug your cpu, remove your battery, try to turn your pc on like 3 *MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS WHILE THE BATTERY IS OUT AND YOUR CPU IS UNPLUGGED* times while it is unplugged to insure that there is no more electric current running around in your cpu, that ensures its saved bios settings will revert to defualt, re-install your battery and turn it back on. If that doesn't work you can make sure that it is reverted by turning it on with the battery out.

ichundu

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

i will try this as soonasi get home,hope it works

Another easy way to clear all bios back to default is to first unplug your cpu, remove your battery, try to turn your pc on like 3 *MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS WHILE THE BATTERY IS OUT AND YOUR CPU IS UNPLUGGED* times while it is unplugged to insure that there is no more electric current running around in your cpu, that ensures its saved bios settings will revert to defualt, re-install your battery and turn it back on. If that doesn't work you can make sure that it is reverted by turning it on with the battery out.

what do you mean remove the battery. it's a desktop computer not a laptop, or am i missing anything here?

ichundu

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

thank you very outlw6669, this worked like a charm. :bounce: