TDMA, Philly PA: Delayed Rings?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I've been getting periods where the caller hears 3-4 rings on their end, but my
phone only rings once or maybe a half ring - no time to get it out of my pocket
and hit "Talk"...so I miss the calls.

Sometimes it's worse than others, but before this started there's no doubt that
the caller and I could hear 3-4 rings until the call dropped to voice mail.

Now it's like one ring or a partial ring and the caller hits voice mail. When I
ask the caller how many rings they heard, it's always 3-4. I've tested it a
few times from my landline and experienced the same thing.

Something to do with the system being overloaded?
--
PeteCresswell

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message
> I've been getting periods where the caller hears 3-4 rings on their end,
but my
> phone only rings once or maybe a half ring - no time to get it out of my
pocket
> and hit "Talk"...so I miss the calls.

I'm TDMA in NE Philly, and have not noticed any problems. Actually it
appears that I'm getting more bars now that the Cingular towers are
accessible as home network. I still occasionally see "Extended Area," and
have no idea what network the phone is connecting with.

But I have seen no problems receiving calls.