PvE Template

Any thoughts on this template:
Master Rifleman - Fencer 0/4/4/0 - Tera Kasi 4/0/0/4

I'm currently Master Rifleman and have been working on Fencer skills and
thought I'd throw in the TK rather than master fencing.

Just my opinion, but partial professions are only useful if they stack onto
other things, they are really no good by themselves. I have tried it
several different ways on test center and never really liked the results.
By stacking two partial melee profs you might get some nice defensive
numbers but neither prof will be terribly useful for anything else. If you
actually want a useful melee prof you should train one of them all the way
to master. You have enough points left over to do it.

If on the other hand you were always going to use the rifle and just wanted
the other two for stats and for the meditation ability, it's still a
compromise. It doesn't leave you enough points to also do master marksman
and therefore you would be foregoing an additional +10 rifle accuracy and +5
rifle speed.

It would probably make more sense to do master rifle, master either TK or
fencer, and then master one of the base classes. Both marksman and brawler
have some very important pluses and abilities that really help to complete
the character.

OTOH it's largely subjective, so the most important thing is to do something
you will enjoy playing. Whatever you come up with, I would suggest trying
it on test center first (assuming the character builders are still there) so
that you can find out for sure if you like it before grinding it out.

No1uNo wrote:

> Any thoughts on this template:
> Master Rifleman - Fencer 0/4/4/0 - Tera Kasi 4/0/0/4
>
> I'm currently Master Rifleman and have been working on Fencer skills and
> thought I'd throw in the TK rather than master fencing.

I assume that you want Fencer for dodge, cause you surely don't want it
for damage. (I'm a fencer. I know.) The TKA is for damage. TKA can pick
any pool, and so support rifleman. Rifleman is for headshots.

Am I right?

Looks workable.

CH

Well, I use my rifle to damage mind pool. Wanted to use fencer for dodge (it
does work while wielding a rifle, i tested it). Also wanted the first branch
of TK for meditate and the last branch in tk for defensive acuity to help
dodge stick.

"Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> No1uNo wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts on this template:
>> Master Rifleman - Fencer 0/4/4/0 - Tera Kasi 4/0/0/4
>>
>> I'm currently Master Rifleman and have been working on Fencer skills and
>> thought I'd throw in the TK rather than master fencing.
>
> I assume that you want Fencer for dodge, cause you surely don't want it
> for damage. (I'm a fencer. I know.) The TKA is for damage. TKA can pick
> any pool, and so support rifleman. Rifleman is for headshots.
>
> Am I right?
>
> Looks workable.
>
> CH

"No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> Any thoughts on this template:
> Master Rifleman - Fencer 0/4/4/0 - Tera Kasi 4/0/0/4

Sounds great. But who knows if this will become a waste or not later on.

SOE has said publicly they are removing stacking from the game when the
Combat revamp goes live.

But then again, people have been waiting for the revamp for a LONG time.

Have fun with it while it lasts.