logging off windows the machine makes a lot of noise. didn't use to be like
this. the machine is brand new, but i had the computer firm reinstall
windows for me. whot could be the problem?

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Describe the noise. Audio?, Floppy disk heads parking? Hard disk seeks?

"Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> skrev i melding
> Describe the noise. Audio?, Floppy disk heads parking? Hard disk seeks?
cant quite identify the source but most likely hard disk
> "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
>> logging off windows the machine makes a lot of noise. didn't use to be
>> like this. the machine is brand new, but i had the computer firm
>> reinstall windows for me. whot could be the problem?

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Could be something as simple as logging all your 'restore' data.

> "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> skrev i melding
>> Describe the noise. Audio?, Floppy disk heads parking? Hard disk seeks?
> cant quite identify the source but most likely hard disk
>> "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
>>> logging off windows the machine makes a lot of noise. didn't use to be
>>> like this. the machine is brand new, but i had the computer firm
>>> reinstall windows for me. whot could be the problem?

did you ask the techs about it (when they reinstalled Windows) and what did
they have to say about it?