Should I get water cooling?

josh1412

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I have a Q9550 running at 3.8ghz cooled by a Zalman cnps 9900 led cooler. I cant get any more out of it.
I just a new cooler master sniper case and it comes with 4 water cooling holes. I hate to look at them when I don't have water cooling.
I want a cooling system that will cool my cpu and two graphics cards.
These are some coolers that caught my eye : Coolermaster Aquagate Max and Zalman Reserator 1 V2 (I live in South Africa, water cooling is very limited here)
Should I go for water or stick with air?
If you think I should go for water please suggest some water cooling systems for me.

brewem

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Buying a premade system is false economy in my opinion.

I considered it long and hard but on reading review after review and looking at the performance results, it was hardly any more expensive to build my own and then I had control over every element.

They don't have to be complicated. Res-rad-block-pump (or a variation thereof).

I imagine parts are a little harder to source where you are, so can see your predicament though. If parts really are an issue, or they cost the earth, both of those systems are pretty good substitutes to a custom rig though.

The reserator is pretty awesome looking in MHO! (Although perhaps slightly phallic!?)

The CoolerMaster Maxz and the Reserator are cr@p.

If you want REAL WCing it will cost you $200-250 just for the CPU. As for WCing parts take a look here: http://www.frozencpu.com/
I do believe they ship to South Africa.

Also read the guide at the top of this section.

brewem

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Perhaps I should qualify my comment: Both are reasonable substitutes if, and only if, you can't or really don't want to go the custom loop route.

Really, even a numnutz like me managed to build a decent loop first go so it can't be that hard... just sourcing the parts that's the tricky bit from your location I guess...