teh_boxzor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
hey guys, so i just recently got a 5000+ BE to hold me over til AM3/Nehalem become mainstream, and a 2nd 9800GT fo sli. After installing my computer wouldn't boot into windows so i did a fresh install but didn't format the hard drive. The first install was VERY unstable and kept crashing and hanging on me. on my 2nd HDD i cant even get into the part where you install the network and such. Which hardware device could be causing this?

The BSOD's are the one where they say please remove any new hardware/software.

I also installed a new chipsett heatsink and in the process made a somewhat deep cut into the bc on the under side. do you think that has anything to do with it?

BTW POST is fine i can mess around in BIOS. but than windows loads and gives the BSOD's

so please help? Thanks!

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
yeah i had that cut on the pcb problem,took a jewelers loop and scanned the hell out of it,had it more than once with with twists,so
,,it is up to you to determine to your satisfaction if there is or is not a problem there....
i am a little old fashioned so i always fdisk and create the primary partition on any hdd from a dos boot disk,the rest can be done on a second or a bud's machine with windoze and is way faster,got to be certain of that primary partition,, eh what,,??,,,different strokes,,etc,,,.:)

TechSkills

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
What do the BSOD's end in, i.e 000000 X 7B ? Do you have RAID enabled with only one hard drive? Can you boot to Windows in Safe Mode? Is your copy of Windows OEM?

teh_boxzor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
nope no ending just says remove all hard disk partitioning/anti-virus/other software and remove any new hardware and restart.

i cant even get wondows to install. i can boot from cd but it wont boot from HDD. im going to run memtest right now (thank god biostar included it in BIOS) and im gonna see if its a RAM problem or if i need a new mobo.

also my 5000+ BE runs at ~40C is that normal?

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS