Ezygroove

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
Hiya guys n gals! I'm thinking about upgrading my motherboard, just curious what u guys think to which motherboard is best?
I play games a lot! mainly the call of duty series........been known to mess about with overclocking! nothing serious yet! :D
Had my q6600 up to 3.0gig didn't want to go any further on air! Unfortunately no screenshots. Back down to 2.4gig now.
Had my asus en8800gts up to 725mhz can't remember shaders or mem clock number although while testing with ati tools for artifacts i noticed that my cpu fan would drop 500rpms anything after 725mhz (original 648mhz)...probably pushing to hard.....although my psu ain't one of the best.

Anyways hope u all had a good new year!!

What do you have now, and why do you want to upgrade it?
Since you mention it, what PSU do you have? If overclocking pulled a +12V rail down so low a fan slowed down, I really hope the output waveform didn't get so screwy it risked damaging anything.

Ezygroove

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 rev 2.0 (Bios F14c) only got one pci express slot.
As for the psu it's jeantech artic 600w.

http://www.jeantech.com/600.htm

As soon as i noticed the fan revs dropping i stopped straight away....dropped the core speed down and have stayed at stock speed (648mhz) ever since. Everything seems to be ok! :{