Warhead Driver Issues (Mildly Comical)

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
[insert punchline]
Well i thought it might be fun to format my laptop harddrive and install Vista x64.

I think we all know that wasn't the best decision i have made. Now i just installed Crysis and Warhead. Crysis refuses to run at all. Ever. I can't even get to the trailers, just black.
Warhead allows me to play after a five minute load time, but there are crazy artifacts everywhere that continually flash white and brown. I tried the 7.4 whatever drivers that came with the laptop, 8.8 and 8.9.
Do you guys have any idea what might be going on? This picture doesn't show all of them as they flash about every other frame.
screenie-2-1.jpg

And yes, these games ran great on XP pro yesterday.

Specs:
MSI GX610
HD 2600
TL-60 2.0Ghz
Vista x64

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Dude... Not cool. You know not all laptops have integrated graphics right?
/Joke

It plays fine, well, it used to. I get 45 frames on contact with a mixture of med and low settings. L1qu1d Has had great success with his lappie as well.

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
well i have gotten call of duty MULTIPLAYER to work. No artifacts or anything, but the singleplayer wont start.

I have also ru driver cleaner adn did a clean install of the 8.9 driver w/o CCC and im still having trouble with warhead.

Does anybody here know how touse the piece of sh1te operating system?
I can't get any version ATItool to work. Or clockgen. Rivatuner acts all funny after boot. I am actually thinking about going back to xp.

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Activate facepalm machine..
Ran warhead in DX9 mode, and Wadoyaknow, it works. Just hit the games tab in the start menu and rightclicked, clickified dx9 mode and it works like a dream.
Thanks google.
At least i can play one first player game.
I can't enter the console though. Anybody else have this problem? the `~ key does absolutely nothing. Is there another way to run the r_displayinfo=1 command other than the console?