Solved

Cloning a ide hard drive to a sata hard drive

I would like to clone a ide hard drive to a sata hard drive.Does anyone know how to clone in this setup?? Do I need any jumper wires?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cloning hard drive sata hard drive
  1. Best answer
    Download the cloning utility from the HDD manufacturer's website (Western Digital provides a version of Acronis), install the utility and clone the SATA HDD from the IDE/PATA HDD. If the SATA HDD is larger than the IDE HDD, you'll need to expand the partition on the SATA HDD. Partition Wizard has a 32-bit/64-bit compatible package that is free for home use.
  2. treefrog07 said:
    Download the cloning utility from the HDD manufacturer's website (Western Digital provides a version of Acronis), install the utility and clone the SATA HDD from the IDE/PATA HDD. If the SATA HDD is larger than the IDE HDD, you'll need to expand the partition on the SATA HDD. Partition Wizard has a 32-bit/64-bit compatible package that is free for home use.

You didnt say anything about hooking up the IDE drive & The sata drive & if needed a jumper wire from SATA to IDE???
  3. Thanks for the info,this had done the job.I paid money to use two different cd"s.They didnt work.Again THANKS,
  4. Best answer selected by raysteel.
  5. You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

SATA Hard Drives Windows XP