Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cloning a ide hard drive to a sata hard drive

Last response: in Windows XP
February 16, 2011 7:01:39 PM

I would like to clone a ide hard drive to a sata hard drive.Does anyone know how to clone in this setup?? Do I need any jumper wires?

Best solution

February 17, 2011 11:26:30 AM

Download the cloning utility from the HDD manufacturer's website (Western Digital provides a version of Acronis), install the utility and clone the SATA HDD from the IDE/PATA HDD. If the SATA HDD is larger than the IDE HDD, you'll need to expand the partition on the SATA HDD. Partition Wizard has a 32-bit/64-bit compatible package that is free for home use.
February 17, 2011 12:17:09 PM

treefrog07 said:
Download the cloning utility from the HDD manufacturer's website (Western Digital provides a version of Acronis), install the utility and clone the SATA HDD from the IDE/PATA HDD. If the SATA HDD is larger than the IDE HDD, you'll need to expand the partition on the SATA HDD. Partition Wizard has a 32-bit/64-bit compatible package that is free for home use.

You didnt say anything about hooking up the IDE drive & The sata drive & if needed a jumper wire from SATA to IDE???
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2011 3:14:22 PM

Thanks for the info,this had done the job.I paid money to use two different cd"s.They didnt work.Again THANKS,
m
l
March 3, 2011 12:23:25 PM

Best answer selected by raysteel.
m
l
March 4, 2011 12:38:00 PM

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.
m
l
!