XP limited account: P6T EPU-6 engine settings are not saved?!

timba86

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm having some troubles here. I recently bought the new Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard which comes with the EPU-6 Engine for controlling power consumption. However, if I work (as I always do) under my limited account on Windows XP Pro, I'm not able to save any of my settings. Because I'd like to set "Max. Power Saving" as my default mode. Under an administrator account it works like a charm! So I'm guessing it has something to do with access rights somewhere... For starters, I also don't know where these settings are saved. I already tried browsing the registry but nothing that helps comes up...

Did anyone have the same problem? Or even better, know a solution for this problem?

Greetz

Boruteczko

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Hi!
I had the same problem on XP x64, and now :fou: on Windows 7 x64.
It seeems there is no resolution on internet and no user of p5q series cares about saving energy... Only high o/c counts ?
Come on people !?

jlear3

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
its prolly a administrator only setting, maybe you could find a setting in account controls that will allow such actions?

jlear3

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
sorry, but one of my pet peeves is to, two, and too. the correct one you're looking for is too

I dont try to sound like a smartass but i just cant ignore it ha ha, hope you have luck, anything else ill be here haha

pitn

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
Dear all,

please find below the response of ASUS' Customer Service with regard to this problem:

Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry for the delay due to Chinese National Day holidays.
I have confirmed that there is some limitation with the EPU utility with some users without administrator privileges, such as the funtion you mentioned.
Suggest you to use EPU utility under the user with administrator privileges