Antec 900 Top Fan blows IN ???

lynxis

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Hello all,

Im pulling my hair out here guys.

Built a system for my cousin with the antec 900. I noticed that the 200mm "exhaust" fan at the top actually blows into the computer, not out. I found this to be odd but I didnt want to get into it and break his case trying to fix it.

Well, i just got the same case for my new build, and it turns out that mine is doing the same thing.

I took the case apart (by finding a tutorial on here) and found that the fan is indeed mounted right, but it appears that the fan is turning in the wrong direction.

On every fan ive ever used, the air moves TOWARDS the support braces. WEll, in this fan, it moves AWAY from the support braces, almost as if its wired incorrectly.

I know most electric motors wont run in reverse unless they support reverse phase running, and i dont know if fans are the same way or what the deal is.

Point is, I can simply turn the fan over since I already have everything torn apart, the problem is, its not going to be working very efficiently because the fan is turning in the wrong direction so the blades on the fan are designed exactly wrong to move air, unless the fan turns correctly.

Any news on this or has anyone noticed the same problem?! Am i just losing my mind here? I dont know what to think.

This is mind numbing.

Thanks for the help everyone.

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Contact Antec Support and get an RMA and return the case. I bought the Antec 900 6 months ago and it pulls air out of the case. Best bet is to return it.