My burner is not reading my burned data dvds

silverglade

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
hi, i have a LG GE20LU10 USB dvd burner, and it reads cds fine, and professionally made dvd's fine, like movies. but with my old burner i burned a ton of movies on dvd's on my own using starburn software. my old burner was able to read the self made dvds fine, but i cant use it anymore.

each dvd has about 3 movies on it, and my new burner doesn't read the dvd's i burned with the movies on them. any help or ideas greatly appreciated. thank you. derek (im using windows xp and i have the most current drivers for the drive i also set the region to United States or region 1)

Solution
Hmmm, unfortunately there's not that much you can do, other than trying another DVD burner drive from another brand, like Samsung or Philips. Drives are a bit wonky when trying to read burnt media created by other brands.

r_manic

Administrator
Hmmm, unfortunately there's not that much you can do, other than trying another DVD burner drive from another brand, like Samsung or Philips. Drives are a bit wonky when trying to read burnt media created by other brands.

Solution