Nvidia 7 series and 9 series simultaneously?

xenny

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
I currently have a 7900GTX with two DVI but have 3 monitors sitting around. If I get a 9800GTX+, would I have any driver issues running a 7 series and 9 series card on the same mobo in xp?

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
he doesnt want SLI

yes you should be able to do that if you have two PCIE slots that can take the two cards

i have had something similar working with a radeon 9800 PRO AGP + a radeon 9200 PCI a few years back and it worked fine for the most part

i believe as long as the cards are from teh same manufac you shouldnt run into TOO many issues

the only other solution is getting one of those matrox triple head (har har triple HEAD) cards that can output to 3 different screens at once

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
ohhhh, ok never mind. thought you were talkin SLI. yes, that will work then. ive done that before with a AGP card and a PCI card. worked fine:)

You should be able to. In XP you can run a different driver version for each card, but I recommend using the same driver for both cards. If you use Vista though you will have to use the same Graphics Driver since Vista only allows you to use one Graphics Driver.

TRENDING THREADS