e8400 E0 trouble

proto_prime

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
so i recently installed an e8400 E0 inplace of my e8400 C0 (giving the C0 to my brother). anyway at the same time I abandoned my raid 0 setup. now when I install windows, then my mobo drivers, then my video drivers I get an error message "windows cannot find the file windows/system32/config/system it is missing or corrupt" im pretty sure its caused by my E0 as ive read of such things have happened to people. my bios is up to date. what do i do? i can only enter windows in safe mode

I had that same error message recently on a Windows XP system we have running in the lab at our office. Either your boot files and/or registry is corrupted, at least this is what is was in my case. I would first try restoring the Boot files with the Windows Installation CD. If that doesn't do it, try a repair install. If that is not possible, then you may have to do what I did, repair the registry manually. Fun, fun and more fun.

windows cannot find the file windows/system32/config/system it is missing or corrupt

This is the exact error mesaage I was getting. I attributed it to a driver problem, but apparently that problem corrupted my registry. Ultimately, my registry was corrupted and the resulting error message was what I got. I had important files on the system and not backed up. I followed the procedure I listed and I am using the machine this morning. Not sure what driver was causing the problem. Reinstalled video driver and Set point. Problem is solved.

TRENDING THREADS