Sign in with
Your question

* Thermal Compound *

Last response: in Overclocking
December 18, 2009 7:32:04 PM

I just bought a Prolimatech Megahalems cooler. It comes with a thermal compound. I've been reading what people are saying in forums and I've seen many people say that " You must have a thermal compound for the i7 920. I plan on mildly overclocking (stock = 2.66, my overclock = 3.2- 3.4 ).

Do I need to buy another thermal compound? Or is the one that comes with the Prolimatech Megahalems cooler good enough?
thanks! :D 

More about : thermal compound

December 18, 2009 8:51:13 PM

the stuff under the cooler is sufficient, but you do get better heat conduction with applying your own paste
m
l
December 18, 2009 9:36:27 PM

The one that comes with the megahalems is rated B+ I think in the 80 way thermalpaste test so it's fairly good
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2009 11:05:48 PM

thanks everyone for the suggestions!

When applying the thermal paste, should I apply it as it says in the instructions, or is there a better technique out there?

thanks again!
m
l
December 18, 2009 11:09:56 PM

i have no idea what the instructions say, but there are many different ways. you can try putting a small dab, spreading it with a bussiness card, and making the coating very thin, almost opaque. or just put a big dab and put the cpu on top of it to spread it out. as long as it is even, everywhere, and good, it will work.
m
l
!