Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5N-D SLI - will it support Crossfire?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 9, 2009 7:03:14 PM

I'm not sure if this should go in the Graphics or Mobo section. I hope it's alright to post in both.

I have a 4870X2 (one card) on a P5N-D mobo (http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=627&l4=...)

I am having issues playing any game in fullscreen mode even though they work in windowed mode (which indicates a problem with the 2nd GPU since windowed mode only calls onto one of the cores).

ATI's tech support claims that 1)The 4870X2 requires crossfire compatible motherboards, because it is a built-in crossfire. And 2) that the P5N-D is an SLI card and may not support Crossfire.

They are not sure though, and they told me I had to figure it out myself. I found posts claiming both that the P5N-D support and does not support crossfire.

Anyone knows or has had experience with that mobo and crossfire? And/or the 4870x2 single card in particular?

Thanks.
February 2, 2010 1:18:28 PM

I have a new system with P5N-D and dual 4850. I have not been able to figure out how to enable crossfire. The manufacturer is NO HELP. Velocity Micro. I am awaiting reply from ATI.
March 27, 2010 1:14:26 AM

I have a velocity micro with dual 4850 also. Crossfire worked fine in vista, but as soon as I upgraded to Win 7 the catalyst control center recognized one of the cards as "disabled adapter". Device manager recognizes both cards fine. Velocity micro has no useful suggestions and says its not their problem since I upgraded to Windows 7. There is a new BIOS for the MOBO but Velocity Micro won't even help me re-overclock it if I do that (System is factory OCed and "guranteed" by Velocity Micro - LOL). And there is no indication that upgrading the BIOS will fix the problem although it will for sure set back my overclocked system speed. Oh well. Probably won't get Velocity Micro again, especially a "guranteed" OCed system.

ATI's latest drivers (10.3) say they fix this problem. They lie.

May 15, 2010 12:48:12 PM

as far as i know the p5n-d is sli only
!