Status
Not open for further replies.

Doo_73

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Hello,
I have an old Dell Inspiron 8500 and I cant find the audio driver - can someone please let me know where I can find it :)

Thanks

Solution
well you could try using the Windows driver update option in the Device Manager.

or delete the Dell cookie, go back to the Dell website, download the driver by choosing the other option using your web browser to download instate of the Dell Download Manager.

or you can go and visit the different hardware manufacturer websites.

Doo_73

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
I tried that and when I download the drivers I need and try to install, I get a message that says:

"Cannot download the application. the application is missing required files. Contact vendor for assistance"

The detail displays this:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.42
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Elane/My%20Documents/Downloads/DellDriverDownloadManager.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : DellDriverDownloadManager.application.app, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c8a6012355de1b2d, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
* Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Elane\My Documents\Downloads\DellDriverDownloadManager.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Elane/My Documents/Downloads/Application%20Files/DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0/DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest did not succeed.
+ Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Elane\My Documents\Downloads\Application%20Files\DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0\DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest'.
+ Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Elane\My Documents\Downloads\Application%20Files\DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0\DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2/17/2011 9:19:33 PM] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Elane\My Documents\Downloads\DellDriverDownloadManager.application has started.
* [2/17/2011 9:19:33 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [2/17/2011 9:19:33 PM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2/17/2011 9:19:33 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Elane/My Documents/Downloads/Application%20Files/DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0/DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Elane\My Documents\Downloads\Application%20Files\DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0\DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Elane\My Documents\Downloads\Application%20Files\DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0\DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest'.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.WrappedGetResponseCallback(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Doo_73

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Emerald,

Thant was awesome!

Worked great - thanks!!!

how do I find the rest of the ones I need:

Missingdrivers.jpg

well you could try using the Windows driver update option in the Device Manager.

or delete the Dell cookie, go back to the Dell website, download the driver by choosing the other option using your web browser to download instate of the Dell Download Manager.

or you can go and visit the different hardware manufacturer websites.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.