Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help needed OC Q9550

Last response: in Overclocking
December 18, 2009 10:18:08 PM

My main goal is to OC my system to 3.9 or around 4GHz, only i am having trouble and get bsod or other errors like bootmgr missing or some sort,the highest i ever got is 3.53GHz. i had trouble posting this before idk why but everytime i posted it,it posted it blank,i hope this works,and i think its too long but i posted a link to .txt file,it has my full computer information,but heres the basics:

Quote:
PSU:BFG 650 (GS series)
CPU:Quad core Q9550 (45nm)
GPU:Evga gtx 285
MB :Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
RAM:8GB DDR2 800

full cpu-z specs viewed on,no download needed
http://elite-grafix.net/PC.txt
so can anybody tell me what to change,like pll and other stuff to go around 4Ghz and also i am liquid cooled with radiator and tank

More about : needed q9550

Best solution

a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
December 19, 2009 4:44:45 PM

You are overclocking your RAM (that's the 5:6 ratio in CPU-ID) and that may be limiting your CPU overclock.

If your Memory Clock Multiplier is on AUTO and your CPU speed is 3.5 GHz., your mem clock is running at around 950 MHz, well over DDR2 speeds.

If your Memory Clock Multiplier is on AUTO, change it to 2.00 so that the mem clock is always twice the FSB frequency. If it is still unstable, increase RAM voltage a tenth of a volt. If it still unstable, relax the memory timing.

Run Prime95 for, say 6 hours, once using small fft's and once using large fft's. Failure of small fft's generally point to a problem with the CPU settings. Failure of large fft's generally point to a problem with memory settings.

I do a final P95 stress test for 24 hours when I think I have good settings.

1.3625 volts is Intel's recommended max CPU voltage. 1.45 volts is Intel's absolute max voltage.

December 25, 2009 11:33:25 PM

i did run prime95,and i think it is on auto,the thing is i know how to change vcore and crap like that but i dont know the other stuff like timing and all that other stuff,and yea its on auto,and if i select manual its like 2.00B,A,D, what do those letters mean? thanks
m
l
Related resources
a c 100 à CPUs
a c 235 K Overclocking
February 2, 2010 10:17:38 AM

Best answer selected by 4ryan6.
m
l
!