Sign in with
Your question

Another ASUS P5N-D motherboard thread that need tech support

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 9, 2009 11:42:56 PM

Hey guys

I've taking down several computer hardware failure problems on my own in the past, but this motherboard I've been working on the pass few hours and I just can't tackle it. I refuse to RMA because I believe it can work, so I'm seeking help, from one tech to another on this.

I have the following:

Intel E2160 CPU
ASUS P5N-D Motherboard
EVGA 7900GS GPU
Freebie 500W PSU (It's not the problem)

Problem:

Spent the whole day yesterday trying to get the computer to POST, unfortunately removing all Hard drives, ensuring proper grounding, swapping CPU's, PSU's, GPU's, have failed. The POST code is 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps, Video error. I've used single DIMM memory several times, doesn't seem to be the problem.

Today I made a lot of progress by actually getting the motherboard to pass POST VIA PCI video card, the main problem is that I cannot get the motherboard POST VIA PCI Express 2.0

I've flashed the BIOS to initial and most recent updates, still the same problem. I switched the BIOS to boot from PCI 2.0, still nothing. Pulled the CMOS battery, nothing. There's no problem getting it to boot through PCI but whenever I try using Express 2.0 I get the long beep, 3 short beeps.

Any ideas that can be helpful would be greatly apprciated, if they work or not, thanks.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 10, 2009 12:22:40 PM

Maybe you should RMA it.

I had a similiar problem and it needed a repair to the northbridge.
!