Dell Latitude d600 ssd harddrive upgrade

G

Hello,

I have a Latitude D600. Is it possible at all to get a SSD harddrive to replace the IDE?

DarthYahya

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
of course, the only consideration being that you buy one with the correct interfave so it will bolt into the tray and slide in and connect. if the ssd drive is sata and ur replacing an ide obviously this wont work. the only other factor is PRICE! those damn ssd drives are still quite expensive. lol

pc_problems

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I have a dell d600 and i replaced my IDE hdd with a flash set-up years ago and I was running a SATA Corsair R60 ssd up and til last week. The Corsair R60 would not boot in my main rig. Sometimes it was there at boot, most times not. So I thought i would give my d600 a shot at it. I got a SATA to IDE (1 piece) caddy for my D600 off of Ebay and put the R60 in there before I RMA'd the R60. Wow, It booted right up and has not failed after 3 weeks of use. But I did RMA the R60 last week, since it would not boot up in my main rig or 2 others. On a Plus Corsair is sending me a Cssd-F60Gbgt-Bk. For me Corsair sh*t rules. I put video on youtube, Search for ( DELL D600 SSD ) should pop right and yeah the old D600 is wicked fast.