bob_thing5

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
I curently have the asus p51-e motherboard, I was going to buy an amd\ati video card at the time but at the last minute nvidia lowered their prices to compete so I bought a 9800gtx. I am kicking myself now because I cant do sli on the motherboard only crossfire.

does anybody have any suggestions, I have a couple ideas. buy a new motherboard and a new video card, or buy 2 ati video cards. I am happy with my 9800gtx but would like the extra video or physx processing.

If I decide to buy a new motherboard what are some good sli motherboards? I dont care about overclocking, I want the option but I never use it so I could do without the best there. I dont need onboard audio although I think all have it now. I want the fastest performance for the dollar possible but dont want to spend 400$ on an asus striker. I would rather spend between 100 and 200$. fanless heat piped construction would be nice, solid state caps would also be prefered.

bob_thing5

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
sorry a couple of things I forgot, I already have 4gb of ddr2 800 ram so it would have to accomodate that. sata2, I dont need a lot of extras mainly performance.