New Build- Super Budget

crazyhandpuppet

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
I think any time those large discount combos fit a need, they are "THE" purchase to get. You'll get a lot of life out of that setup for very little outlay.

What about a MB?

lnjames

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
the MB is BIOSTAR TA770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
it is an opened item box or should i get the retail?

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I have that Biostar mobo and I absolutely love it...but not sure if you want to get an open box though...I asked around about getting an open box mobo and ppl here didnt recommend it, so I decided to get the retail version instead...the foxconn wanker79 proposed seems like a really good deal...

Everything else seems really good...make sure to OC that BE :)

Yeah I'm not liking the open box either. If your budget is really tight then you may have to ditch the cooler for now and use the stock heatsink to get a better board. Some of the retail boards will come with a combo deal on RAM though so look around. You can get the Artic Cooler later, but it's always easier to build the system with your preferred cooler then buying it latter and having to take the whole computer apart just to install it.

Otherwise it looks good. I really like how the CPU is practically free with the combo deal on the Antec Sonata :D .

lnjames

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
from what i heard is that the CPU doesn't come with the heat sink. that is that i am buying the Artic Cooler.