100% stabe spec for an i7 920 at around 3.66-3.70Ghz

Basically, I'm trying to get it run 100% stable at 3.6-3.7Ghz.
At the moment, I'm not looking for more, it would be great if you guys could help me getting it at this clock with temps<65 degrees.
Mobo: Asus P6T SE
CPU: i920(D0 rev)
RAM: Corsair 6GB 1600 MHz CL9 XMS3
Cooler: Thermalright TRUE 120.
7 answers Last reply
More about stabe spec 70ghz
  1. overshocked i7 Overclocking Guide is a good place to start:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253365-29-core-overclocking-guide
  2. I think that he is asking for peoples' voltage settings. It is much easier to OC with approximate values in mind.
  3. @OP: I would be happy to answer if your CPU were an i5-750 instead.

BTW, most peoples here OC their 920 to 4/4.2GHz instead and therefore it is much harder for you to get an answer for 3.6/3.7GHz OC.
  4. I have a i7 920 that i'm cooling on air (cooler master v8)

At 3.6 ghz this was my specs: (I have a ASUS P6T motherboard)

Ai Tweaker: Manuel
    Ai Overclock Tuner: 8-8-8-24 (my ram was not XMP so I entered manuel timings)
    CPU Ratio Setting: Auto (20)
    Intel SpeedStep Tech: disabled
    Intel Turbo Mode Tech: disabled
    Bclk Frequency: 180
    PCIE Frequency: 100
    DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1440
    UNCLK Frequency: Auto
    QPI Link Data Rate: Auto
    CPU Voltage: 1.20
    CPU PLL Voltage: 1.88
    QPI/DRAM Core Voltage: 1.20
    DRAM Bus Voltage: 1.66 (when you type 1.65 it changes to 1.66 automatically)
    CPU Differential Amplitude: 800mV
    Intel HT Technology: Enabled

I ran prime95 for one hour plus and the max temp was 68C (that was on one core the rest were lower)

I've been using these setting for over a week and haven't had any issues, I had real temp running the whole time and the highest my temp has gotten was 56C. This only shows my computer is way to powerful, and I haven't used it to its own potential.

@andy5174 - The people who OC their 920's to 4.2-4.4 that you refered to, they're using water cooling right? If they're on air then I have a lot of reading up to do :)
  5. They are on Scythe Mugen II, Prolimatech Megahalems/Megashadow or core contact heatpipe coolers. However, they are all at 4.2GHz or less.
  6. right now im testing if my system is stable at 3.6 ghz on 200x20 multi.

my vcore is at 1.162, QPI/Dram Core voltage is at 1.3, CPU PLL is at 1.82.

I been running Prime95 on Small FFT for about an hour now.

I have a i7-920 D0 on a P6T SE Mobo. Im using the Xigmatek dark knight cooler.

my idle ist around 40-41 and my load right now is a constant 67c using CPUID Hardware Monitor.

im trying to find the lowest Vcore setting that is stable.
  7. htykim said:
    right now im testing if my system is stable at 3.6 ghz on 200x20 multi.

my vcore is at 1.162, QPI/Dram Core voltage is at 1.3, CPU PLL is at 1.82.

I been running Prime95 on Small FFT for about an hour now.

I have a i7-920 D0 on a P6T SE Mobo. Im using the Xigmatek dark knight cooler.

my idle ist around 40-41 and my load right now is a constant 67c using CPUID Hardware Monitor.

im trying to find the lowest Vcore setting that is stable.

Use Large FFTs instead!

I had experience in failing Large FFTs due to insufficient Vcore SEVERAL times within merely 4 hours given that Vcore passes 24 hours Small FFTs.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Overclocking