Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Remote Access hacked, Again :S, Save Me!

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 5:28:54 AM

Hi guys,

I have been remote access hacked again guys, my friends think they are the bee's knees because they can use some program like VNC to take remote access of my Laptop when ever they want. Clearly I'am not the security whipped type of user. Already I have completed a full virus scan, which includes, Rkill, Mbam, Trend Micro Scan and a Combo Fix, the scans where also run in safe mode, nothing fancy was detected. The software they are using must be a legit product that windows or virus scan's bypass. I have disabled remote access on this Laptop but they still persist to take control, I also have my firewall setup properly. Could this hacker, be using UAC (User Account Control) to their advantage to continue their operations?

The Laptop is a Centrino 2, 4Gb Mem, with a 512 Nvidia, and Windows 7 Pro, (Up to Date)

I know I could complete a windows reload, but I no longer have my windows 7 key, so that would just be one more step.. and it doesn't seem like the proper thing to do being an ITO, Is there a way I could get their details and turn the tables, or even just stop this nonsense for a start, I would appreciate any professional advice and links that may help me solve this issue one and for all. Feel free to private message me in ways of getting back at this person >:) 

I have my Robo Pc meanwhile, but I travel allot for work, so my Laptop is critical.

I should also say that I have been on a few separate networks when the user has taken remote access.

September 7, 2011 5:34:15 AM

They probably have a program installed on your computer for remote access. You could do a firewall check to see if any ports are open. Stay off of open WiFi, or secure your computer with an admin password. If they are accessing your computer you can also access theirs its just a matter of figuring out how.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 5:35:46 AM

I should also say that I have been on a few separate networks when the user has taken remote access.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 6:09:49 AM

Can u run Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (Version 8.2d)?

It will show what everything is installed and what is the state of security of your system. Post it.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 6:14:54 AM

Thank's I'll give it a whirl tonight and update you tomorrow :) 
Score
September 7, 2011 6:32:42 AM

you could always just go through the installed programs and remove anything that is not installed. Also disable remote access in windows, you dont need it do you?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 10:04:21 PM

" I have disabled remote access on this Laptop but they still persist to take control"
Every time the log in and out a .dll application flashes.. Haven't had a chance to try the software that was recommended yet. I will today though.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 10:44:05 PM

thats because they probably installed a program when you wernt looking

install comodo firewall put it on highest settings then when your so called friends try to connect it will ask you to allow or deny (it will stop it working till you do)

got hit by an auto install virus through ie and this stopped the silent install
Score
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 11:09:59 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
you could always just go through the installed programs and remove anything that is not installed. Also disable remote access in windows, you dont need it do you?

Not every program is listed in "installed prog's" .
Score
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2011 11:17:34 PM

Can u go to services and post full screenshot of what is running or not.

Go to Command prompt or Run and past this services.msc
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2011 1:23:00 AM

yea too eez, when I duck home for lunch I''l grab a screen shot and put it up..
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2011 4:11:17 AM

I just reloaded my Lappy while I was home... needed a clean out anyways, Thanks Nikorr for your help! Should have done this in the first place :) 
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2011 4:11:40 AM

Best answer selected by Combat Wombat.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2011 5:39:10 AM

Mostly, that's the smartest thing to do.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 14, 2011 2:33:32 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!