Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I used the Asus TurboV utility by mistake

Last response: in Overclocking
December 20, 2009 6:02:27 PM

I used the TurboV overclocking utility and turned it up to 30% (oops...). The screen froze so I manually restarted it. Now everything runs extremely slow. I reinstalled windows and wiped all previous settings. It is still extremely slow. So slow that something is definitely wrong.

What hardware did I screw up and how can I test ti figure out what I need to replace?

It does boot up after like 5-10 minutes and the computer says everything is working, and get this, things are testing like they work well on the Windows tool for rating the system. I can't figure out WTH is malfunctioning to make the system so painfully slow...

Please help!!!

Best solution

a c 158 K Overclocking
a c 102 Ĉ ASUS
December 20, 2009 6:13:38 PM

Hit Delete key right after Asus log screen and go into BIOS and load all defaults (F5 if I remember correctly)
December 20, 2009 7:14:02 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
Hit Delete key right after Asus log screen and go into BIOS and load all defaults (F5 if I remember correctly)

Hey thanks! That reset to BIOS defaults worked!

For some reason I assumed when the manual said that the program wouldn't make changes to the BIOS that it didn't...

m
l
December 20, 2009 7:15:14 PM

BTW, nice Grateful Dead avatar... I used to tour when Jerry was alive. I've been going to the Further shows lately. Definitely worth checking out!
m
l
!