ATi HD 4850 issues.

kooz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Hi there new poster but I see you guys have been crazy helpful to some of the other threads and I wanted to see if you can solve my riddle :(

I got some new bits for my PC recently and heres prettymuch the parts for my PC atm:

Graphics: Asustek EAH4850/HTDI/ 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E

Mobo: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 600w W0103

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor E7300 2.66GHz 3M 1066MH

Ram: 2gb DDR2

And I have 2 HDD's and a DVD drive.

My problem is I put all this together today and found out that my graphics card didnt want to start, it has both red lights lit on the back and the fan doesnt spin. The card was slotted correctly and the 6-pin plug was in the card fine. I read up and managed to find a small amount of info on what the red lights mean and am starting to think if the Graphics Card is faulty. I'm hoping this is my problem but I'm not 100% sure, maybe the Mobo doesnt support my new card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Noobie

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Yes it is a faulty card if the red light is on. just bring or send it back where you got it from and get a new one. You can also contact asus about the issue, they will most likely say to bring the card back to your reseller. but them you can add that note and can get a replacement without any hassle.

kooz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Is there anything to say that it could be my Motherboard at fault? Or does the fact that both red lights came on straight after installation say that it is a faulty card? Sadly I have no alternate computers to test the card on so I just want to be sure.

TRENDING THREADS