Using dual monitors

Hello,

I'm using a Sony laptop and have an external screen attached. I've set up XP
to use both the external and built in laptop screen and also checked the
"Extend my Windows desktop on to this monitor". This all works ok with one
exception.

As I sit in front of my laptop the external monitor is to my left. In order
to get the mouse on to the external display (on my left) I have to drag my
mouse pointer to the far right of the laptop display.

I've tried making the external monitor the primary display but this doesn't
help me either.

Is there a way I can tell XP that I want the mouse to move to secondary
display when I drag the it to the left hand side of my primary display?

--

Glenn

Glenn Robinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a Sony laptop and have an external screen attached. I've set up XP
> to use both the external and built in laptop screen and also checked the
> "Extend my Windows desktop on to this monitor". This all works ok with one
> exception.
>
> As I sit in front of my laptop the external monitor is to my left. In order
> to get the mouse on to the external display (on my left) I have to drag my
> mouse pointer to the far right of the laptop display.
>
> I've tried making the external monitor the primary display but this doesn't
> help me either.
>
> Is there a way I can tell XP that I want the mouse to move to secondary
> display when I drag the it to the left hand side of my primary display?

If you open up your desktop Properties>Settings you should see an image with two
monitor screens depicted -- #1 being the primary laptop screen. You should be
able to use the mouse to drag-and-drop the #2 screen over to the other side of
#1. Or for that matter you can position one a bit higher than the other if
that's what your physical setup is. Play with it, then click Apply and you'll
understand how it works.

Good luck...

Bill

Try going to windows media home page,click on enterprise,locate the dual
monitor download,it works great in xp.You'll also find it authoriting
utilities.

"Glenn Robinson" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using a Sony laptop and have an external screen attached. I've set up XP
> to use both the external and built in laptop screen and also checked the
> "Extend my Windows desktop on to this monitor". This all works ok with one
> exception.
>
> As I sit in front of my laptop the external monitor is to my left. In order
> to get the mouse on to the external display (on my left) I have to drag my
> mouse pointer to the far right of the laptop display.
>
> I've tried making the external monitor the primary display but this doesn't
> help me either.
>
> Is there a way I can tell XP that I want the mouse to move to secondary
> display when I drag the it to the left hand side of my primary display?
>
> --
>

> Glenn

Glenn
"Bill Martin" <wylie@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Glenn Robinson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using a Sony laptop and have an external screen attached. I've set up
>> XP
>> to use both the external and built in laptop screen and also checked the
>> "Extend my Windows desktop on to this monitor". This all works ok with
>> one
>> exception.
>>
>> As I sit in front of my laptop the external monitor is to my left. In
>> order
>> to get the mouse on to the external display (on my left) I have to drag
>> my
>> mouse pointer to the far right of the laptop display.
>>
>> I've tried making the external monitor the primary display but this
>> doesn't
>> help me either.
>>
>> Is there a way I can tell XP that I want the mouse to move to secondary
>> display when I drag the it to the left hand side of my primary display?
>>

> If you open up your desktop Properties>Settings you should see an image
> with two monitor screens depicted -- #1 being the primary laptop screen.
> You should be able to use the mouse to drag-and-drop the #2 screen over to
> the other side of #1. Or for that matter you can position one a bit
> higher than the other if that's what your physical setup is. Play with
> it, then click Apply and you'll understand how it works.
>
> Good luck...
>
> Bill

Ah, 20 years of computing experience and I didn't spot that, oops.

Thanks

Glenn