Sign in with
Your question

Asus mobo wont recognize drives/WIN 7 BETA GONNA EXPIRE

Last response: in Storage
February 20, 2010 9:56:40 PM

i installed a new asus mobo on spec to cure a problem i had with my gigabyte mobo.it is acting the same.i have one sata wd 500 gb drive which has win 7 ultamite beta on it . i purchased several copies of win 7 home premium to update them but ms the mothers that they are do not allow this installation to be possible.these betas are 9 months old and mature installatons and will suck to redo.
i own 4 other hd ...2 sata 500 gb wd and 100 gb eide drives which were known to work( one is brand new}.
the bios does not recognize any of them alone or in any combination at install ....this is exactly what happened in the mobo i just replaced as well. i tried doing a win install on all of the drives individually
as if i built a new system....no avail.
only drive recognized is the drive that the os will expire on soon...microsofts cservice is impossible to reach and i also have to laptops to do.....this and ms really sucks.....
ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE!!!!!!!!
Ps been building machines since 386's and never saw anything like this
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b G Storage
February 20, 2010 10:22:40 PM

You install a beta what do you expect?

No detection of hdd's? check cables, ports, port configs, and for IDE drives master and slave settings (WD's require NO pin for single drive and master, you put that pin in for a single drive its going to delay or not detect for IDE anyhow)

What brand motherboard do you have and please dont tell me you have MSI.

No one cares how long you have been building PC's for - things change, your a dinosaur, your old rules to hardware dont apply to modern hardware.
m
l
February 20, 2010 11:24:35 PM

apache_lives said:
You install a beta what do you expect?

No detection of hdd's? check cables, ports, port configs, and for IDE drives master and slave settings (WD's require NO pin for single drive and master, you put that pin in for a single drive its going to delay or not detect for IDE anyhow)

What brand motherboard do you have and please dont tell me you have MSI.

No one cares how long you have been building PC's for - things change, your a dinosaur, your old rules to hardware dont apply to modern hardware.

the mobo is an asus and i am replacing an operating system.
everytime i have built a new computer i placed a formated drive ,,,booted to system disc and loaded an operating system,
the beta ran well but now has to be be replaced and the ide drive was installed as a slave,master and no pin all of which did not work.the only drive out of the 4 that works is a sata.....thanks
m
l
!