Sign in with
Your question

Can u SLI 8800GTX with 8800 Ultra ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 13, 2008 3:43:56 PM

hi, i got a en8800 GTX from Asus and i try to find other cards like it so i can SLI it but i cant find any. Maybe online but i do not shop online. I work in a computer store and i cant get the 8800 GTX anymore, only 8800 Ultra so im wondering if i can SLI those 2 cards?

also i would like to know if its possible to SLI two differents company card like
my EN 8800 GTX from Asus with a 8800 GTX from PNY ??

Thanks for all your help.

More about : sli 8800gtx 8800 ultra

October 13, 2008 4:18:24 PM

I know that sli'ing two diffrent companies cards is possible. I've doen it once myself with a EATX1950 pro and a Powercolor X1950 pro. As long they have the same specifications like : Same Memory bus / type.
Diffrent clock speeds won't make a diffrence the higher one will likely lower its clock to the othe one, but in some situations the other (lower clocked) will increase its clock.
October 23, 2008 8:00:50 PM

well, i got my 8800 ultra... and it seems it dont work in SLI with the 8800gtx... now its kind of weird.
First of all, my PSU has an indicator for the Watts and before installing my ultra, i was peaking at 290Watts while gaming and now with the GTX and Ultra it peak at 400Watts so i figured its working together but with the software call "nHancer", it detected SLI but it said its not Enable and i cant Enable it. Apparently that you have to go to the Nvidia Control Panel to enable it but i dont see any option to enable SLI...
the only differences between those 2 cards are the Clocking and the Bios.
I did all the drivers update with Nvidia'd drivers and Asus - XFX's drivers too but same results.

So can someone help me figure it out how to enable SLI with those 2 cards or will i have to get rid of the GTX to get me another Ultra ????

Thanks for all the help
Related resources
October 26, 2008 4:48:22 PM

Go into nVidia Control Panel by right-clicking desktop and selecting it.
The SLI options are under "3D Settings" on the left hand side, and is the third option down called "Set SLI and PhysX Configuration". That option should be there regardless I believe, but will be "greyed" out if you cant SLI your current cards.
Also check your mobo BIOS settings are set to handle 2 cards
October 26, 2008 7:05:59 PM

well after reading almost 12 hours all over the web, apparently, u cant SLI 8800 GTX with 8800 Ultra.. it's look like they're not the same card at all.. that's why i coudnt see the option to Enable SLI in the Nvidia Control Panel... so i ordered another 8800 Ultra... they're a good deal right now on tigerdirect.ca for only 199.99$ cnd :D 

and yes, my bios setting is set to handle two cards ;) 
October 26, 2008 7:10:28 PM

well after reading almost 12 hours all over the web, apparently, u cant SLI 8800 GTX with 8800 Ultra.. it's look like they're not the same card at all.. that's why i coudnt see the option to Enable SLI in the Nvidia Control Panel... so i ordered another 8800 Ultra... they're a good deal right now for only 199.99$ cnd :D 

and yes, my bios setting is set to handle two cards ;) 
!