I can not get 4 MB memory to run on a K92A. Help

NASCARMIKE

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
System runs fine on 2 1MG sticks but when I populate the other 2 slots with a matched set I get the black screen with nothing.
Your help as always appreciated.

P.S. Yes I have switched out the pairs and they both run fine and checked out with CPU-Z

System: OS XP Ser. P 3 running 32bit
MB: MSI K9A2 Platinum 7376 1.0- Bios V1.3
Processor: AMD 9850 Quad-Core Black 2.5g
Memory Patriot: PDC22G8500ELK DDR21066MHz (5-5-5-15) 4 matched 1GB sticks 2.3v/Ungained running at 2T
Power Antec 500 Smart Power

Mondoman

Splendid
The memory controller in the north bridge has a hard enough time supplying enough signal for 4 DIMMs installed when they are running under standard conditions. Your sticks are massively overclocked, so it's not surprising that you are having problems when 4 are installed. Try using/running sticks at the standard 1.8-1.9V.

NASCARMIKE

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I did not overclock. The Ram is stock and on the sticker it says 2GB(2x1GB)kit. 2.3v
I tried to boot running with just the Dim 3&4 populated but no post. Should I still look at the voltage? If so how do I relax it and to what values?

Mondoman

Splendid
Mike, the DDR2 standard says the max voltage is 1.9V; 2.3V is 0.4V above that, which is a massive overvolt. Overvolting = overclocking. Yes, the manufacturer sold it to you like that, but it's still a massive overclock. Since your RAM has a lifetime warranty (I'm pretty certain), I'd contact the manufacturer and see if they can replace your RAM with some that will actually work when 4 DIMMs are installed.