One of the AutoPlay options is to select what happens when you insert a CD, depending on the content. For Mixed Content, I always choose Open files, Music is whatever default programme you use and the same for Pictures, etc. Once you make the choice and tick the "always do this" box, you don't need to do it again.

ofredo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
good answer but, no window opens for me to click on anything. Oh if I go into "my computer and click on the cd drive and click on "autoplyay" then it plays all right or click on open it plays all right also.
But, I want it to open automatically with auto play. It used to then all of a sudden I noticed it doesn't auto play anymore by itself.
Help again.

Right clicking the drive in My Computer shows the Properties and one of the tabs in there is Autoplay - even if there isn't a disk in the drive. Do you not get that option?

As part of Properties, it won't start the disk but it offers options as to what to do automatically in future when files of different types are detected. If it isn't playing when you put the disk in, try a different disk. Does the drive spin a disk at all?