Upgrading From Longprobe To X-Wing

Should I? What's the advantages/disadvantages? Can I still fire 2
weapons? Thanks.

drew

Not sure about that, but does the longprobe handle any better than the other
Y? I am wanting better than the starter ship but the Y is a bit too clunky..
I think I might hold out for an X.

"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> Not sure about that, but does the longprobe handle any better than the
> other Y? I am wanting better than the starter ship but the Y is a bit too
> clunky.. I think I might hold out for an X.
>

>> Should I? What's the advantages/disadvantages? Can I still fire 2
>> weapons? Thanks.

You won't get through the 1st tier 3 mission with the beginning ship ... the
longprobe is a must.

As to keeping the Longprobe over an X-Wing, it depends on your fighting
style. I like to dogfight and maneuver, so I went to the X-Wing. But I
kept my longprobe and will use it if I need the pure firepower.

The X-Wing not only lets you fire 2 weapons, it has a slot for 3, but
chances are you won't use all 3 slots. X-Wing has less mass, so you have to
choose your parts carefully.

drew

How does the Longprobe differ from the Y?

> How does the Longprobe differ from the Y?
>

>> As to keeping the Longprobe over an X-Wing, it depends on your fighting
>> style. I like to dogfight and maneuver, so I went to the X-Wing. But I
>> kept my longprobe and will use it if I need the pure firepower.
>>
>> The X-Wing not only lets you fire 2 weapons, it has a slot for 3, but
>> chances are you won't use all 3 slots. X-Wing has less mass, so you have
>> to choose your parts carefully.

Long probe has 2 weapons slots. Y-wing only lets you use the 2d slot if you
have someone grouped with you in the ship.