New PC - Revisited.

Well, hello again! :)

My previous build, which I had another thread for, got postponed due to economy. But here I go again. :)

This is the setup I'm looking at:

Case:
AplusCase Monolize II

Motherboard:
Asus P5Q

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Graphics card
Asus Radeon HD4850

PSU:
Chieftec Super Series 650W
(No Newegg link, but modular with decent reviews.)

RAM:
OCZ Gold XTC 4096 MB DDR2 PC6400

Harddrive:
Seagate Barracuda ES.2

Monitor:
Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW

I'm quite content with it, it seems cheap enough and seemingly good bang for the buck.
I don't want to push the budget any further.

Will I need any extra cpu-cooling? or will the boxed cooler be sufficient? The case has a 250mm fan right above the CPU, which will move a "bit" of air.

Other comments?
5 answers Last reply
More about revisited
  1. Sorry about bumping,
    Halfway down the page without replies, and I'm ordering tomorrow or saturday. :)
  2. If you do not and will not OC then the stock heatsink will work. If you are going to OC then I would recommend upgrading the heatsink. You can get an good one for under $30.

HDD - Seagate ST3640323AS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148335

Mem - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146731

MOBO - very good choice but keep in mind that with the open box items you do not get SATA cables etc. It is just a board. You also have only 14 days warranty if something goes wrong. Add shipping, cables etc and you will save $15-$20. I would get the new.

BTW, your comp case no longer exists.
  3. Oh, thats all fine.
    I'm not ordering from Newegg, just using the links as reference.

I'm norwegian, so importing is out of the question (Due to 25% taxes and insane shipping costs)

Is the mushkin ram a big step up? Also can't find that in norway, is it new?
    Will also look into the larger Harddrive, but it costs 20$ more, and at the moment, i'm using a 200GB harddrive and am not really needing more space.

Will not be overclocking, I prefer to stay safe. :]
  4. When buying your RAM just make sure you get DDR2 800 RAM @ 1.8v. 1.8v is the base for true DDR2 800 which means it is not slower RAM that was OC'd.

The HD in your link is actually more then the one I recommended. If you meant you are getting the Seagate 7200.11 500GB OEM HDD then it will work just fine.
  5. mexpedip said:
    When buying your RAM just make sure you get DDR2 800 RAM @ 1.8v. 1.8v is the base for true DDR2 800 which means it is not slower RAM that was OC'd.

The HD in your link is actually more then the one I recommended. If you meant you are getting the Seagate 7200.11 500GB OEM HDD then it will work just fine.

Actually, the RAM info says that it's running on 2volt..
    Should I look for another set of RAM?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product