general monitor question

marcusgi3

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I asked ACER, the manufacturer of my AL2216W monitor, the following question:
How come when I am in Vista, monitor can wakeup from the screen saver or sleep mode, but if I turn the monitor off with the power button it will not wakeup? The power button will turn orange and never detect the signal. If I unplug the cable from the video card and then plug it back in, it works. video card is ATI X1050 256M RAM DVI.
They told me to contact ATI. I think it has more to do with how all monitors work.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Marcus

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
ooo. that is one of the things that bug my ass off. the moment i change my pc's place. i will have to unplug the cords, power, etc. then when i reconnect. then i have to do trail and error just to be able wake the damn lcd up. otherwise, it would be just turn orange like your case.

but, if i turn off the monitor, turn it on. then it will work just fine. my problem only happens when i cut off the power fully.

and i use view sonic 19inch lcd. ati 4850.

marcusgi3

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I have 2 hard drives in this system. Just booted into XP and it doesn't do it. Sounds like a Microsoft Vista or the ATI driver for Vista issue to me. I guess I will do some more checking around. Any one else with a solution?