Overclocking i7 920 d0 with Asus rampage ii gene

Tell me some clocks and voltages that you guys have found stable with this setup. Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about overclocking asus rampage gene
  1. I figured it out! Step 1 thru 3 on the i7 overclocking guide are in my bios just worded differently as was stated. Step 4 you have to load the Asus Turbo V software to access the base clock. I read somewhere that it was not good to tinker with bios settings through windows but this is the only way to access the remaining settings. I did not have to increase the voltage as of yet(no blue screen so far). I have currently overclocked to 3.6 . As you raise the base clock by 10 it increases the GHz by .20. So 183 on the base clock gave me 3.6GHz
  2. Google "i7 920 overclocking guide".
  3. I also just built an I7 920 box with an Asus rampage ii Gene mb for now all I did is CPU LVL UP and I'm at 3.37 stable. But soon I am going to be looking for overclocking profiles to try out as far as overclocking goes I'm A COMPLETE NEWBIE. So if any one can point me in the right direction would be Great....
  4. BorNej said:
    I also just built an I7 920 box with an Asus rampage ii Gene mb for now all I did is CPU LVL UP and I'm at 3.37 stable. But soon I am going to be looking for overclocking profiles to try out as far as overclocking goes I'm A COMPLETE NEWBIE. So if any one can point me in the right direction would be Great....

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/22106-core-i7-overclocking-guide-beginners.html
  5. dpizzle1968 said:

Thanks for the link. Right now all I did is CPU LvL up to the 965cpu and went into the bios and reduced the core voltage TO 1.1625 RUNS STABLE 24 HOURS PRIME95 @51c temp I plan to do more down the road. but for now I'm doing as much research as possible so I DON'T MESS UP MY CPU.
    Thanks again.
  6. Just thought you would like to know I'm at 3.577 with a base clock of 170 cpu voltage 1.10v stable prime95 24hrs, my own over clk no cpu lvl up.
  7. andy5174 said:
    Google "i7 920 overclocking guide".

I know about that and stuff but I am sort of just looking for some results so I can find out where to start then I can tweak from there.
  8. chillybawls said:
    I know about that and stuff but I am sort of just looking for some results so I can find out where to start then I can tweak from there.

If you want I'll send you some pics of my bios since we have the same setup.
  9. Also check out the I7 overclocking guide here.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253365-29-core-overclocking-guide
    Also have you seen the NEW OC Station made by ASUS it's Awsome!!! here's the link.
    http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iRSrdumETCq04PD0&templete=2
    So let me know what you need and I will try to help, and you can do the same for me since we are both new at oclking OK?
    Almost forgot now I'm at 3.6ghz stable 24hrs Prime95
  10. I don't know if you still need these but 180 bsclk 20 multi @ 1.10v cpu voltage 3.6ghz and 1804mhz on my memory I have OCZ Gold 2000mhz memory. 1.35qpi/dram volts and 1.64v dram
  11. very nice post.
    i ahve accepted you post informations.
  12. If you need any further info please let me know. and also please select best answer for my post if it helped you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking Asus Intel i7 Rampage