Looks like the exodus has been compleated

Yeah.... My old guild is almost defunct now.

The guild town is a ghost town.

Theed and Coronet City are all but tumbleweed centers....

Looks like EQ2 and WoW have taken their toll on this game....

But I don;t think that was the primary reason.

The game performance has suffered horriably in recent months. Now when
I DO log on all I do is lag along. Even in the least populated areas.

And the expansion..... Space expansion.... was pretty disapointing.

Shame too cause I really REALLY wanted a Sci Fi based game to work
well.

<Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah.... My old guild is almost defunct now.
>
> The guild town is a ghost town.
>
> Theed and Coronet City are all but tumbleweed centers....
>
> Looks like EQ2 and WoW have taken their toll on this game....
>

> But I don;t think that was the primary reason.
>
> The game performance has suffered horriably in recent months. Now when
> I DO log on all I do is lag along. Even in the least populated areas.
>
> And the expansion..... Space expansion.... was pretty disapointing.
>

> Shame too cause I really REALLY wanted a Sci Fi based game to work
> well.

Get ready for the server merge!

"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message

> <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah.... My old guild is almost defunct now.
>>
>> The guild town is a ghost town.
>>
>> Theed and Coronet City are all but tumbleweed centers....
>>
>> Looks like EQ2 and WoW have taken their toll on this game....
>>

>> But I don;t think that was the primary reason.
>>
>> The game performance has suffered horriably in recent months. Now when
>> I DO log on all I do is lag along. Even in the least populated areas.
>>
>> And the expansion..... Space expansion.... was pretty disapointing.
>>

>> Shame too cause I really REALLY wanted a Sci Fi based game to work
>> well.
>
> Get ready for the server merge!

DO you speak from experience? If you do, I have really been curious how they
do this fairly - or at least how they do this....

"Roberta" <starward@gmpexpress.net> wrote in message

> "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
>>
>> <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Yeah.... My old guild is almost defunct now.
>>>
>>> The guild town is a ghost town.
>>>
>>> Theed and Coronet City are all but tumbleweed centers....
>>>
>>> Looks like EQ2 and WoW have taken their toll on this game....
>>>

>>> But I don;t think that was the primary reason.
>>>
>>> The game performance has suffered horriably in recent months. Now when
>>> I DO log on all I do is lag along. Even in the least populated areas.
>>>
>>> And the expansion..... Space expansion.... was pretty disapointing.
>>>

>>> Shame too cause I really REALLY wanted a Sci Fi based game to work
>>> well.
>>
>> Get ready for the server merge!
>>

> DO you speak from experience? If you do, I have really been curious how
> they do this fairly - or at least how they do this....

First pick a server as master and another as mergee e.g Ahazi as master
and Bloodfin to merge into it then are options

a) use the tranfer toon system that SOE already have, this will mean that
all the toons on Bloodfin will keep their name and skills, but sweet fa
apart from that. If there are 2 toons with the same name Bloodfin's toons
will have an x on the end However this is unfair cos Ahazi toons will keep
what they have got

b) as a but the toons on Bloodfin keep credits and items and if you have a
house etc at the same place it will be moved as close as posible or redeeded

c) Create a new server and move the toons to that and everyone looses
everything but name and skills

d) Create a new server and as b)

David Cherry wrote:
> "Roberta" <starward@gmpexpress.net> wrote in message
>
>>"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
>>
>>><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Get ready for the server merge!
>>>

>>DO you speak from experience? If you do, I have really been curious how
>>they do this fairly - or at least how they do this....
>>

> First pick a server as master and another as mergee e.g Ahazi as master
> and Bloodfin to merge into it then are options
>
> a) use the tranfer toon system that SOE already have, this will mean that
> all the toons on Bloodfin will keep their name and skills, but sweet fa
> apart from that. If there are 2 toons with the same name Bloodfin's toons
> will have an x on the end However this is unfair cos Ahazi toons will keep
> what they have got
>
> b) as a but the toons on Bloodfin keep credits and items and if you have a
> house etc at the same place it will be moved as close as posible or redeeded
>
> c) Create a new server and move the toons to that and everyone looses
> everything but name and skills
>

> d) Create a new server and as b)

If this happens, I'd like them to allow people to have more items in the
safety deposit box in the bank. All items are deposited there at merge.
Then everyone has a fair shot at where to place things. Sort of an
interesting thought expirement. All items are just in databases that
would merge, that shouldn't be that difficult to do.

David Cherry wrote:

> "Roberta" <starward@gmpexpress.net> wrote in message
>
>>"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
>>
>>><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Get ready for the server merge!
>>>

>>DO you speak from experience? If you do, I have really been curious how
>>they do this fairly - or at least how they do this....
>>

> First pick a server as master and another as mergee e.g Ahazi as master
> and Bloodfin to merge into it then are options
>
> a) use the tranfer toon system that SOE already have, this will mean that
> all the toons on Bloodfin will keep their name and skills, but sweet fa
> apart from that. If there are 2 toons with the same name Bloodfin's toons
> will have an x on the end However this is unfair cos Ahazi toons will keep
> what they have got
>
> b) as a but the toons on Bloodfin keep credits and items and if you have a
> house etc at the same place it will be moved as close as posible or redeeded
>
> c) Create a new server and move the toons to that and everyone looses
> everything but name and skills
>

> d) Create a new server and as b)

The servers can handle a much smaller population and skill keep going.
Test Center has always had a small population, and yet you can still get
goods there and have fun. All player servers easily outsize Test Center.

CH

<Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah.... My old guild is almost defunct now.
>
> The guild town is a ghost town.
>
> Theed and Coronet City are all but tumbleweed centers....
>
> Looks like EQ2 and WoW have taken their toll on this game....

Depends on the server.

What server you play on?

Ahazi, Bria and Starsider are quite active.

Other servers like Tempest is a frikkin ghost town.

The # of posts on each of the server messageboards is a good indication of
what servers are active. I agree though, for SWG to be so player economy
based in so many facets of the game a low populated server is bad news.

"Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> The servers can handle a much smaller population and skill keep going.
> Test Center has always had a small population, and yet you can still get
> goods there and have fun. All player servers easily outsize Test Center.

The only reason TC can handle the small population in a player based economy
is because they allow you to make more then ONE TOON per server ya Noob !

> "Roberta" <starward@gmpexpress.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Get ready for the server merge!
>>>

>> DO you speak from experience? If you do, I have really been curious how
>> they do this fairly - or at least how they do this....
>>
> First pick a server as master and another as mergee e.g Ahazi as master
> and Bloodfin to merge into it then are options
>
> a) use the tranfer toon system that SOE already have, this will mean that
> all the toons on Bloodfin will keep their name and skills, but sweet fa
> apart from that. If there are 2 toons with the same name Bloodfin's toons
> will have an x on the end However this is unfair cos Ahazi toons will
> keep what they have got
>
> b) as a but the toons on Bloodfin keep credits and items and if you have a
> house etc at the same place it will be moved as close as posible or
> redeeded
>
> c) Create a new server and move the toons to that and everyone looses
> everything but name and skills
>

> d) Create a new server and as b)

I Think the only way that I would feel would be fair is to allow players to
redeed what they have and take as many items as they can hold (on themselves
and in their bank) and start from scratch. Although that is only
semi-fair...there are alot of people that really have put a great deal of
effort into building thier cities etc. And I, myself would be slightly
disappointed at losing my great store location just on the outskirts of
Theed.

Of course, anyway you look at it - there really would be problems. Could
you imagine being a master WS or AS that has been playing since launch and
loosing all of the resources you have collected over almost 2 years? Or for
me, the heartbreak would be - losing all of the rare items that I have spent
time and money collecting :/

They couldnt merge with buildings down though - because I am sure that in
the more populated areas - the buildings would overlap..all around the major
cities, and places like the kryat graveyard there are cities on every
server...

Out of curiosity, those of you that have stuck with this game through
everything else...would a server merge cause you to rethink staying? Would
you quit if you had to start with nothing?

Roberta

Reg LeCrisp wrote:

> "Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>The servers can handle a much smaller population and skill keep going.
>>Test Center has always had a small population, and yet you can still get
>>goods there and have fun. All player servers easily outsize Test Center.
>

> The only reason TC can handle the small population in a player based economy
> is because they allow you to make more then ONE TOON per server ya Noob !

*ROFL*

I'm a week #2 player. I've been in this game a danged long time. Noob my
ass.

I am sure that if you multiplied the size of TC by 3 (to account for
multiple toons), you'd still have a smaller population than Valcyn (one
of the smaller servers).

CH

> I am sure that if you multiplied the size of TC by 3 (to account for
> multiple toons), you'd still have a smaller population than Valcyn (one of
> the smaller servers).

It's not the point Noob ! TC has players running multiple characters on the
account because of exactly the reason we discussed. Player economy requires
a decent size active population to succeed. That said, TC was allowed to
run multiple characters, there are now people on the boards who run a
Doctor, a fighter, a craftsman. You think they would do this if the economy
was as great as you say?

btw, just because you played since beta does not mean you are not a noob,
NOOB !

"Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I am sure that if you multiplied the size of TC by 3 (to account for
> multiple toons), you'd still have a smaller population than Valcyn

And if you have multiple characters on the same server who can also buff
you, gather resource and craft for you, hunt for you,..this won't matter
huh?, Stupid NOOB !

Reg LeCrisp wrote:

> "Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>I am sure that if you multiplied the size of TC by 3 (to account for
>>multiple toons), you'd still have a smaller population than Valcyn
>

> And if you have multiple characters on the same server who can also buff
> you, gather resource and craft for you, hunt for you,..this won't matter
> huh?, Stupid NOOB !

Dickwad.

Reg LeCrisp wrote:

> "Clawhound" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>I am sure that if you multiplied the size of TC by 3 (to account for
>>multiple toons), you'd still have a smaller population than Valcyn (one of
>>the smaller servers).
>

> It's not the point Noob ! TC has players running multiple characters on the
> account because of exactly the reason we discussed. Player economy requires
> a decent size active population to succeed. That said, TC was allowed to
> run multiple characters, there are now people on the boards who run a
> Doctor, a fighter, a craftsman. You think they would do this if the economy
> was as great as you say?
>
> btw, just because you played since beta does not mean you are not a noob,
> NOOB !

Folks are already running multiple characters on live-servers. That's
called having multiple accounts. It's a common practice. You're the noob
if you don't know that.

And you're still a dickwad.

CH

"Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in news:41e67ce6$0$12689
$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com:

> I admit it....I've gone to WoW. SWG blows.

Me too (gone to WoW). But... Honestly... I miss some things from SWG.
It's good to have meaningful quests. But there is no life besides that in
WoW. Guilds are very formal, they are just "pools of players I prefer to
group with." Professions are really just mini-games and severely lack
depth. Some aspects of fishing are better than in SWG though :)

If they'd mix in SWG-like crafting and player cities, that'd be a perfect
game. Ha ha.

Alexei Boukirev wrote:

> "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in news:41e67ce6$0$12689
> $9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com:
>

>>I admit it....I've gone to WoW. SWG blows.
>

> Me too (gone to WoW). But... Honestly... I miss some things from SWG.
> It's good to have meaningful quests. But there is no life besides that in
> WoW. Guilds are very formal, they are just "pools of players I prefer to
> group with." Professions are really just mini-games and severely lack
> depth. Some aspects of fishing are better than in SWG though :)
>
> If they'd mix in SWG-like crafting and player cities, that'd be a perfect
> game. Ha ha.

I switch between SWG and solo RPG's. When I get back to SWG, I find many
things that I like, or forgotten that I like.

CH