steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I am trying to set an IP address on a stand along XP box so that I can
connect a Pocket PC device to it through incomming connections in order to
do some FTP file transfers.

The PC has a network card and the PC has a BlueTooth adapter and I would
have thought with either one of those I could manually set the IP to
something like 192.168.1.100 but when I do that and go into my FTP software
on the PC, or do an ipconfig, it thinks the IP is 127.0.0.1

Any idea how I can get the PC to think it has a 192.168.1.100 type IP?

Steve

"Steve" <stevebNoSpamPlease@comcast.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to set an IP address on a stand along XP box so that I can
> connect a Pocket PC device to it through incomming connections in order to
> do some FTP file transfers.
>
> The PC has a network card and the PC has a BlueTooth adapter and I would
> have thought with either one of those I could manually set the IP to
> something like 192.168.1.100 but when I do that and go into my FTP
software
> on the PC, or do an ipconfig, it thinks the IP is 127.0.0.1
>
> Any idea how I can get the PC to think it has a 192.168.1.100 type IP?
>
> Steve

Open Control Panel, Network Connections, right-click on the adapter in
question and choose Properties. Locate the TCP/IP entry and choose
Properties. Set to the fixed IP address and related info you wish, then
choose Apply and OK back to the desktop.

HTH
-pk