particleman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I personally am partial to Acer Brand.

Great prices, and I have bought 6 so far.....and never one dead pixel. My oldest is now almost 4.5 years old. Still running strong.

Cheers,

-PM

MisfitSELF

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Holy cow, you don't ask for much or are you trying to start a flame war. You're also leaving out a lot of important info--like what size and price ranges are you looking for? And, what's your application? Gaming? Video and picture editing? Do you want to watch TV on it too? Do you need a lot of inputs or a built in USB hub? Do you want HDMI connections?

My opinion (I'm primarily a gamer but I do all the general computing stuff too): I'm partial to Samsung or Dell monitors. You should check out the Samsung's in the 22" - 24" range. I have two 24" monitors on my main machine -- one Dell and one Samsung and they are both really nice. I'd lean toward the Samsung all else being equal though you can't beat the monitor stands that you get with the Dell models. Both monitors have a native res of 1920 X 1200

Before I get flamed for this -- the Dell and Samsung's may not have the best latencies in the world for gaming but I find I don't notice that stuff anyway and they still look good.

If you have a Costco nearby (and you're a member) they have really good deals on Samsung monitors (like $350ish for their 24").

MisfitSELF

goahead

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
For the brand, I'd go with Sony. They are a little expensive but I think it's worth.
I still use my 4 years old Sony SDM-HX95 19" monitor and the video quality is like when I first bought it. it's superb.

JBens

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
I have to agree on the Samsungs... I have had a 244t (24" widescreen 1920x1200) for the last 3 years and it is bulletproof... it was $2000 3years ago, but they are much cheaper now...

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008

Yea i did leave it pretty broad but i just want to kno if theres a monitor out there that just takes the cake and is the best out there but if your looking for specifics: Smaller screen is better so around 24 plus or minus 1 inches is fine, price: cheaper is better but still it needs to be really good, gaming (4850X2), not looking to watch tv, hdmi would be good to as well as VGA b/c i plan to hook it up with my X360 as well, USB hub is nothing important as well as any swivel functions and/or height, 2ms is something I'd really like tho. And Yea i had a Samsung 19" for my mac G5 and then i used it on my HP with X1300 ATI graphics and was pretty happy with it but unfortunately I dont have it anymore.

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
This is the one I'm looking to get: Acer G24 Orange 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 50000:1 (ACM) - Retail

Not sure if i can deal with the bleed out everyone says it has. I used to work at Circuit City and would look at all the monitors and Acers always look like crap with there fisher price plastic buttons and terrible bleed out. Even tho the spec on this monitor are really good not sure how it actually is

I have a Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP, revision A01, and I love it. Less input lag than the original A00 revision, and amazing color and resolution. You can't beat the stand, the inputs are amazing (2 DVI, 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, 1 composite, 1 component, and 1 s-video). The built in card reader and USB hub on the side is nice too.

Of course, you pay a premium for it, as it uses an S-PVA panel, but the quality is worth it.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

thats a friggin tv not a monitor lol