Warranty when overclocking ram/gpu

erdinger

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
Hello and Merry Christmas

As often mentioned overlocking voids the warranty of the overclocked products. In the next few lines I'll write about whats unclear to me concerning overclocking and warranty. I would be really greatfull if you could help me find some good articles about this topic, since the results of my google searches weren't what I expected them to be.

I'm not sure if overclocking the Cpu voids the Motherboard warranty, or if tightening ram timings also counts as overclocking. Also I do not know if Warranty is voided when overclocking within CCC (although I think it does) and how the different Gpu manufacturers handle these questions. Another thing intressting me is the ability of the manufacturers to control if broken hardware was overlocked. A gpu overclocked by CCC f.e does still have the stock bios so how would the manufacturers know that the user did overclock?

I'm writing a paper for school about the overclocked system so I would love to have some articles to get "reliable" information from.

Kind regards Erdinger

Aneesh@4GHz

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
"Another thing intressting me is the ability of the manufacturers to control if broken hardware was overlocked." I was also wondering about that!hehe