Gainward golden sample 4870 1GB temps lowered by 24c

jonj320

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Hi, im looking around for a 4870 1GB with a good non reference cooler when i found this

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9871&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=0

I've never heard of gainward, so i dont know if they are any good, but i did notice that the article mentions that the temps on this gainward are are around 24c less than other 4870 1Gb cards. performance is pretty much the same but the temp is what im looking at.

has anyone ever heard of this brand? if so are they any good?? I ve heard of the heating issues so im hoping that this is ligitamate. Thanks a lot.

Also i noticed that newegg and tiger direct dont sell these brands, is there a reason or somewhere else i should b looking?? thanks

jonj320

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
That really sucks. I was really hoping that a card with temps like this would be real..... but when you say they didnt play by the rules, i dont follow..

so, should i just forget about this card??? i just want a card with a good fan on it

BlakHart

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Just buy any brand and D/L rivatuner and control the fan or do the CCC Fan fix. I have the HIS 1gb 4870 and it will run crysis for hours with cool temps.