EVGA X58 3SLI -=OR=- ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard??

kuanaco

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
I can't make up my mind between the two boards.

EVGA X58 3SLI -=OR=- ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard??

What do you guys recommend?

Any issues that you may have noticed so far?

I have the EVGA X58 right now but I noticed that there is like a 8 second delay of nothing before anything shows up on the screen so I am debating betweeen fixing this one or just going with the ASUS P6T.

What do you guys think?

I am using this for gaming but with only ONE card: Sapphire 4870 X2 3GB of RAM.

I have no plans at all for SLI.

airjeff

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I'm in the same boat, getting ready to order and wondering which one to get. Does one have better support/updated drivers/software? A while back I had an ASUS video card and they weren't real great updating things.

With that said I like the heat pipe solution better on the P6T Deluxe.(don't know if it works/matters) The other additional features are nice but I'm not sure I'd ever use them. Anyone else have some good info for us?

I have the Asus P6T deluxe, and I am quite happy. I can't give you advice between the two, as I haven't had any experience with the EVGA, but the Asus is an excellent board.

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I don't have an X58 but I do have an EVGA 790i Ultra,and I would say whichever you like bast,The reviews on the EVGA X58 are great! so I would go with your first instinct.

merlinbadman

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007

I am in agreement, the Asus board is well laid out and easy to setup and use. im sure the EVGA would be as well, I went with the Asus as it has had many good reviews.