Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Core i5-750 Stock VCore Voltage

Last response: in Overclocking
December 24, 2009 5:04:35 PM

Forgive me...I know that this is a rather stupid question, but I've done my share of google searching and can't seem to find a definitive answer:

What is the Core i5-750s Stock Vcore Voltage? I've heard 1.20, 1.25 and even some site that said 1.10V?!

Thanks in advance!
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2009 6:24:19 PM

On the Gigabyte board ud4p, stock voltage , in the left column where all stock voltage settings are listed to the left of what you set in a sub-menu.
1.2875 I leave this on normal
hw monitor
When you leave on normal and boot to windows it sits around 1.26
Under load 1.25-1.26
m
l
Related resources
December 24, 2009 6:49:19 PM

So is the "stock voltage" then determined by the motherboard? I'll check my board at home.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2009 11:30:39 PM

TOM refers stock voltage as the BIOS core voltage setting that will gives a 100% load CPU-Z Vcore of ONE notch above 1.20V at 3.6GHz which is also my case.
m
l
December 25, 2009 12:19:03 AM

On a freshly build computer with the intel i5. My stock core voltage was .8v I think. That's with everything normal. It was idle'n around 19c. I got it kinda oc at 3.6ghz with voltages at 1.12v right now and idles at low 30c.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2009 12:27:49 AM

bubbatran209 said:
On a freshly build computer with the intel i5. My stock core voltage was .8v I think. That's with everything normal. It was idle'n around 19c. I got it kinda oc at 3.6ghz with voltages at 1.12v right now and idles at low 30c.

Damn lucky buster! You have one of the best chip there.

BTW, is it stable under prime95 Large FFTs test for at least 8 hours ?
m
l
December 25, 2009 3:54:41 AM

andy5174 said:
Damn lucky buster! You have one of the best chip there.

BTW, is it stable under prime95 Large FFTs test for at least 8 hours ?

More like it's fully stable under four days because I forgot to turn it off... :D 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2009 4:19:36 AM

bubbatran209 said:
More like it's fully stable under four days because I forgot to turn it off... :D 

My system can be stable for over a week and crash after merely 4 hours in Prime95.

Anyway, I am still sure that you have one of the best chips as my PC won't even POST with such a low Vcore at 3.6GHz
m
l
December 26, 2009 5:51:12 AM

andy5174 said:
My system can be stable for over a week and crash after merely 4 hours in Prime95.

Anyway, I am still sure that you have one of the best chips as my PC won't even POST with such a low Vcore at 3.6GHz

I was talking about me running my prime95 large for four days. You have the same chip as I do, how come yours isn't showing? Maybe you need to reapply your SA5. I had to do it a few times just to get it at where I want the temps to be. Just run a thin line of it across and that should do it. Make sure you use the cleaning kit first.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2009 6:43:59 AM

bubbatran209 said:
I was talking about me running my prime95 large for four days. You have the same chip as I do, how come yours isn't showing? Maybe you need to reapply your SA5. I had to do it a few times just to get it at where I want the temps to be. Just run a thin line of it across and that should do it. Make sure you use the cleaning kit first.

My core temps are fine at full load. 48C-44C-44C-43C under 18C ambient

Can you tell me what your settings are at 3.6GHz?
LLC(Load-line calibration) ON/OFF?
CPU-Z idle/100% load Vcore=?
BIOS Vcore=?
Vtt=?
PLL=?
PCH=?

Cheers
m
l
January 4, 2010 9:56:05 PM

Oye...so I didn't check this thread for a few days with the holidays as they were and it looks like there are several others who are as confused as I!

Forgive me (again) for being ignorant, but I was under the impression that every chip had a stock voltage along with stock speed.

BTW, the reason for my asking is that my goal on my Lanbox OC system was to OC as far as I could on stock voltage to keep heat issues down as my lanbox doesn't have the airflow that my mid-tower does.
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
January 4, 2010 11:20:54 PM

tazdirector said:

Forgive me (again) for being ignorant, but I was under the impression that every chip had a stock voltage along with stock speed.

Yes, your right, every chip is binned by Intel at a certain voltage they call VID. If you look at the Intel Data Sheet (Rodney linked to) you will see a range of VID voltages.
Your chip can be anywhere in that range.

Back in the good old days (before the i series) the VID was obtained by just looking at CoreTemp/RealTemp. For some reason that's not the case anymore.

You really don't have to worry at all about stock vcore, you have a platform and cooling solution picked out, you just need to start low and work your way up until the temperatures are where you feel comfortable leaving them and also staying within the vid range.
April 8, 2010 1:56:26 PM

hi i have my i5 -750 running at 4.01 ghz with v.core at 1.25 and idle temp of 41,45,42,46 is it oke
m
l
June 4, 2012 4:56:20 PM

I have a problem is that when I look at my processor voltage i5 650 0.90 mark but when the system dentra operatibo and reheated to 60 c but when I look in the bios has a voltage of 1.55 and is at a temperature of 33 c and not is to do so it will not overheat and I bace my motherboard is an Intel-m H55H would appreciate if I could help
m
l
!