Core i5-750 Stock VCore Voltage

tazdirector

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Forgive me...I know that this is a rather stupid question, but I've done my share of google searching and can't seem to find a definitive answer:

What is the Core i5-750s Stock Vcore Voltage? I've heard 1.20, 1.25 and even some site that said 1.10V?!

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Yes, your right, every chip is binned by Intel at a certain voltage they call VID. If you look at the Intel Data Sheet (Rodney linked to) you will see a range of VID voltages.
Your chip can be anywhere in that range.

Back in the good old days (before the i series) the VID was obtained by just looking at CoreTemp/RealTemp. For some reason that's not the case anymore.

You really don't have to worry at all about stock vcore, you have a platform and cooling solution picked out, you just need to start low and work your way up until the temperatures are where you feel comfortable leaving them and also...

notty22

Distinguished
On the Gigabyte board ud4p, stock voltage , in the left column where all stock voltage settings are listed to the left of what you set in a sub-menu.
1.2875 I leave this on normal
hw monitor
When you leave on normal and boot to windows it sits around 1.26
Under load 1.25-1.26
1129091055.jpg

bubbatran209

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
On a freshly build computer with the intel i5. My stock core voltage was .8v I think. That's with everything normal. It was idle'n around 19c. I got it kinda oc at 3.6ghz with voltages at 1.12v right now and idles at low 30c.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Damn lucky buster! You have one of the best chip there.

BTW, is it stable under prime95 Large FFTs test for at least 8 hours ?

bubbatran209

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

More like it's fully stable under four days because I forgot to turn it off... :D

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

My system can be stable for over a week and crash after merely 4 hours in Prime95.

Anyway, I am still sure that you have one of the best chips as my PC won't even POST with such a low Vcore at 3.6GHz

bubbatran209

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

I was talking about me running my prime95 large for four days. You have the same chip as I do, how come yours isn't showing? Maybe you need to reapply your SA5. I had to do it a few times just to get it at where I want the temps to be. Just run a thin line of it across and that should do it. Make sure you use the cleaning kit first.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

My core temps are fine at full load. 48C-44C-44C-43C under 18C ambient

Can you tell me what your settings are at 3.6GHz?
LLC(Load-line calibration) ON/OFF?
CPU-Z idle/100% load Vcore=?
BIOS Vcore=?
Vtt=?
PLL=?
PCH=?

Cheers

tazdirector

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Oye...so I didn't check this thread for a few days with the holidays as they were and it looks like there are several others who are as confused as I!

Forgive me (again) for being ignorant, but I was under the impression that every chip had a stock voltage along with stock speed.

BTW, the reason for my asking is that my goal on my Lanbox OC system was to OC as far as I could on stock voltage to keep heat issues down as my lanbox doesn't have the airflow that my mid-tower does.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

Yes, your right, every chip is binned by Intel at a certain voltage they call VID. If you look at the Intel Data Sheet (Rodney linked to) you will see a range of VID voltages.
Your chip can be anywhere in that range.

Back in the good old days (before the i series) the VID was obtained by just looking at CoreTemp/RealTemp. For some reason that's not the case anymore.

You really don't have to worry at all about stock vcore, you have a platform and cooling solution picked out, you just need to start low and work your way up until the temperatures are where you feel comfortable leaving them and also staying within the vid range.

Solution

loky

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I have a problem is that when I look at my processor voltage i5 650 0.90 mark but when the system dentra operatibo and reheated to 60 c but when I look in the bios has a voltage of 1.55 and is at a temperature of 33 c and not is to do so it will not overheat and I bace my motherboard is an Intel-m H55H would appreciate if I could help