Glowing Lighting everywhere, ati 3870

MarwanBaki

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
ok guys this is really annoying me. On certain objects, bodies, floors, wherever light reflects the graphics i get are too bright and glowy. I don't know how to quite explain it so ill let the picture do the talking. I get this on most fps games. Gears of war recently and now Jericho.

Jericho2008-10-1502-32-23-34.jpg

Jericho2008-10-1502-32-23-87.jpg

The "white" on the body doesn't seem like alot because the picture can't move obviously, but this is really annoying especially when the glowing is on characters and their guns. Ive tried enabling and disabling every single configuration there is in the game and in the ATI config panel. Any solutions, i doubt the games are meant to be played this way.

MarwanBaki

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
No sir, its not the game, ive youtubed this game and the other games and the games don't have this annoying glossiness to it. I took this pic in jpeg which mustve rendered the glossiness and fixed it, ill try to take a pic later when im home.

and as for high dynamic range lighting,that is not the case. The lighting im getting is not smooth, yes thats my problem, the light i get is not subtle, its sharp, it stings, it shoots you right in the face cause its so "cheaply" rendered. What setting do i need to change?

One thing i need to point out, theres a setting called Alternate pixel center, i know this is for solving problems i don't have, but when i turn this on, lord oh mighty do the graphics look insane, everything looks so smooth and rendered with the unfortunate side effect of having lights misplaced slighty and what not.

So whats the deal here? Any ideas

gpippas

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I have the same effect happen in supreme comander with a 3870. When you zoom out none of the map is visable because it is too bright. Its easy to fix its just one of the driver settings but I just can't remember which one and I'm not near that pc to find out.

Try turning off either AF or Adaptive AA. I think its the AF that causes it.

I have never tried to force AF in the drivers just AA, so its worth a shot.

Please look at this shot, does this look like the same thing?

Be sure to click full screen and zoom in to full size on your web browser

Thats on a 8800GTX, the AA seems to help it a bit.

MarwanBaki

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
i wish thats what my screen looks like, but its not, this is driving me insane, i even tried taking a video of it, but it doesnt show in videos, it looks perfect, have i gone insane. Heres yet another pic, please don't give up on me people, for i almost gave up on myself. IF this pic isnt that clear ill have to take a pic with my phone, maybe a video too. AF and AA didn't help either.
Jericho2008-10-1715-37-55-39.png

MarwanBaki

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
goddamnit , it won't let me edit, anyway

Save the picture so you can view it on fullscreen and look at the guy's triangular arm. And this "glossiness" moves so much.

gpippas

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Looks like it might be different to what I got with Supreme Commander. Turn all graphics settings to their lowest and see if it still does it. Also set CCC to performance so that it doesn't force anything.

MarwanBaki

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
Well when i set shaders to Low it actually fixes it, but now the graphics arent really "fancy". Well i get its solved for now, till the next game that gets this "glitch"